1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
C-230 Kompressor
By jhelton4 on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This is my second Mercedes. I personally like the classic style better than the newer styles.

On The Money
By Dagooch on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I leased this car and I was sure I'd give it back once the lease was up. I have a couple of months left on lease, and I have already made arangements to buy it out. It has been the best and most reliable car I could have asked for. I would recommend a 230 to anyone.

My 5th Bens
By sealaker on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I started in college with a 1971 220D. Four speed manual. After 497,000 miles I figured it was time to move on. After a donation to a charity my sun yellow was a thing of the past. Since that time I have mostly had 300's. My C-230 Kompressor is all that. I got the sport package and am glad I did. My wife has the C-280 but I think that mine handles better that hers. We enjoy taking the Kompressor in the mountains as we zip up and down the tight roads. It is an absolute joy to drive and everyone that rides in it is very impressed keeping in mind of the small red-capped power plant. Hats off to Mercedes for a well built automobile!

Tech-rich machine
By Autohaus on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

The C280 has little to envy other luxury vehicles. The new Flex Service System (FSS) does away with traditional 3,000-mile oil changes and service is only required every 10 to 20 thousand miles. Spark plugs at 100,000 miles. Oozing with elegance, the C280 is a solid, tech-rich machine governed by outstanding safety features. When you add the leather seats, Bose audio system, moon roof, and its spunky V6 engine, the C280 is hard to beat.

New Mercedes fan for life
By MBZ4LIFE on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

After extensive research and calculation, I realized that the C230 was the car for me. It's plenty quick; and the luxury it affords distracts you from caring about 0-60 times. I found a Sport edition fully loaded (heated seats, rain sensing wipers, CD changer, etc) w/ only 39k mi and paid less than $22k at a dealer! I suggest anyone in Southern California check out Penske Motorcars in West Covina.

Value & Elegance
By Heike on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

The C280 is undeniably part of the Benz tradition of exellence and luxury. From it's solid construction to its ability to turn heads around, the C280 is the best small Benz yet.

"Mid-life" Treat
By PHB on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

Now I know! My wife and I can't believe how much we enjoy "her" C280. For 30 years we've had 4X4 SUV's, compacts, vans and all the rest, but nothing can compare with this car. I didn't think anyone made a car like this anymore. I'm so pleased with the road handling, the attention to detail, and the V6 that just gets up and goes. My wife is thrilled with the comfort and the classic styling, it fits her like a glove. We couldn't have ask for a nicer car. In my mind, even if I'm a little biased, this car will go down as a classic MB sedan in years to come.

excellent
By bernice on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

this car is in mint condition. I have owned it since I bought it. It is garaged most of the time, when it is not being driven. It has been maintained on a regular schedule.

Great Driving Machine
By BenzMeister on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

This is the first Benz I've owned, and I love the C280. I've owned many cars, both domestic and foreign and this one is the best, better then the BMW I traded in.

my 280
By ROGER on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

Not a single problem or adjustment since purchase. On trips the car averages over 26mpg.