1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Solid Performer
By rtluton on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Fine build quality and wonderful handling. The seats are a tad hard and the car could use a few more cc's when you really need the power, but it is an excellent car for the money. The car remains tight even at 135K miles with not a single rattle or squeak. Car pulls effortlessly to 95mph. Over 100 engine noise becomes noticeable tho.

Proud owner of MB C280
By MercedesFan4Life on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I love my baby. It's got classical beauty, retaining the more traditional looks of its forefathers (not the funky looking headlights of later generations). Extremely reliable and built to last. This is not a race car but one designed for comfort driving (a requiste for those long hours spent behind the wheel in rush hour traffic). Smooth handling.

Great Car
By FearlessPussycat on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

After over four years and mixed city/ highway driving, this is a terrific car. I leased it for three years and bought it after the lease was up. I live in an area with terrible streets, terrible drivers and four seasons. The car has held up very well--no rattles or squeeks. The turning radius is amazing and the car does everything well - stop, go and turn!

C280 sport
By tuna on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle used with 31k miles and have driven it about 10k since. It is fun to drive, looks good, and is very comfortable for trips. It has enough power for nearly any demand, although I have to admit I have fantasized about a C43. It is an exceptional highway car, moving easily from 60 to 90 MPH.

Best of Any Year C-Class
By grapes8 on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Great car. reliable. Great build quality. All around fantastic vehicle. Fantastic V6 engine Sport package. What more could you ask.

Great Sport Sedan...
By bbosch on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Great sports sedan for driving on fast paced so cal freeways and highways.

Pay to Play
By pinky on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Really fun to drive. Love the immediate response when I press the gas. Purchased used w/ 63K miles from a 'mom & pop' dealership (Big Mistake!!!) Stay w/ a larger dealership who offers the MB warranty or you will regret it!! In less than 10 months already replaced the drag link ($500) and condenser ($1200) My independant warrranty covers harly anthing costly.

It does everything I need it to do
By Jennifer 123 on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

The first time someone asked me how I liked it - I found myself saying "It does everything I need it to do". Which after an extensive search at the time - was I tall order. I was happily amazed. It's a great work car, (work while stuck in traffic) use the integrated phone - great for taking clients and employees - and while working in san fransico - I found what it really could do - just propel itself up hills & navigate wet streets. Comfortable for long trips with the great seats. My back actually feels better when I get out of the car than when I started out the day driving. Great mileage on long trips. I haven't had anything but good experiences.

My German rocket
By poya on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Benz for over a year. It has been a wonderful car. At first I was skeptical about owning a German car because ,I heard they had a lot of electrical problems.My car has only needed a wiper, oil change and tire matenance.The brakes are the strongest ever.

good car
By spitvalve on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used, paid too much for it, but still feel it was a good investment. Lots of fun to drive, and great passing ability when needed.