1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews 5

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love my Benz
By Ittizzi on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I have had my Benz for over a year now and what a car! I had a few problems when I bought it but the dealership (RAB Motors, San Rafael) handled it hassle free! It has been dependable (more dependable than my friend's BMWs) and fun to drive. The car has no blind spots, great turning radius and more power than I really need (I clocked 120 mph driving to LA). I would recommend Mercedes to anyone who wants their car to take care of them. This was my first and I'll never buy another make of car except Mercedes.

C230
By l1 on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a 1999 C230 with only 17K. This car rides very nice. The supercharged engine is very fast and responsive. Great car.

Instead of a Toyota
By wpavel on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a friend about a year ago with 48,000 miles to use it as a weekend car. I paid less than I did for my new Camry that I drive daily. But when the weekend arrives I allow myself pleasure of the way this car handles, performs. I had forgot the nature of a rear wheel drive car, and how different the car moves through a corner. The supercharged engine doesn't know the meaning to stop, and can pull the car well over the legal speed limit without even trying. The interior, and finish are just great. It's a car the plays to the senses. Looking for reliable transportation at a good value by Toyota. What a car for the soul? Drive a Mercedes

Good Decision
By ironduke on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

This car has few faults. My ownership experience is 2 yrs and 24K miles. Maintenance: I replaced battery (recall) and headlights at 50K miles and an emission sensor at 60K miles. Mileage is 25 in town and 30 on the highway at 75 mph.

mercedes c 280 sport
By charlibear63 on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

when i went to buy this car my wife hated the color(black/blackinterior) ...then she drove it;-). we were signing the papers right after the test drive;-)

What a great decision
By mbzc230 on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

More than a year ago I was faced with the need to find a replacement car. I chose the Mercedes for its combination of style, comfort, value, and of course prestige. I have never been dissapointed with my decision to purchase this vehicle instead of a new Honda Accord. I now understand why those who buy one Mercedes can't help but keep buying them!!

good to keep
By pjtmcdonald@comcast. on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

it is a great and safe to drive car

every bit a benz
By tjp441 on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

great car , handles great , rides smooth with the right tires . and has classic lines , still a head turner after 5 years .feels like a tank but still very nimble . great on the highway

old to new
By jamiebutlr on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

having owned a 1978 280 CE for some years, decided to try daimler-chrysler product with minimal research and many test drives. This is still a Mercedes, no doubt with loader, yet responsive supercharged 4-cyl. Great fun and similar timeless design and quality to my dearly departed 1978

1999 C230 Kompressor
By stinker99 on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

Trouble-free ownership experience. Good-looking, comfortable and well- powered at any speed. Great handling and very good highway ride. At start- up, engine is quite noisy, though after 30 seconds, it quiets signficantly. For a near-luxury class car, engine noise should still be lower than it is.