1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Going on my 5th MBZ
By Tom on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1999 C230 Sedan Kompressor with less than 69k miles, in great condition internal/external. Apart from a little cricket noise the car is perfect. I've owned a 2001 coupe C230 Kompressor and I prefer the sedan for its solid stance and build quality. I've owned 4 others E, TD, E4matic and very happy with all of them. I regret selling them - think this time will be a keeper.

Great car
By Winnie on 08/05/10 15:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. The drive is just as tight at 310,000 miles as it was the day I drove it off the showroom. It is such fun to drive.The handling is very predictable and secure. Whenever I drive a new rental car even with newer "bells and whistles"it pales in comparison. My only regret is that after 11 years I'm going to have to get another car.

Wish I could give this a good rating
By lynnz on 03/18/10 05:51 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and I will give it one thing- it is a lot of fun to drive. However, I have invested nearly $8,000 in repairs in the last 4 years.(starter,gas tank,ball joints,ac compressor,suspension breakage, etc,etc). It is always garaged and has had to have a lot of body work because of rust problems. The dashboard looks like a lit Christmas tree! I've taken good care of this car, but just can't wait for another $1500 repair to occur. I will never buy another Mercedes- period. They're too expensive to repair. I've owed 3- Series BMW's that were more reliable.

Great Liitle Benz
By Skipper on 08/10/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Bought this year with 74,000 mile on it. Extremely fun to drive, looks new inside & out, runs great. It's a classy, classic design and has rec'd many favorable comments.

Excellent Little Car
By Skipper on 06/24/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Bought a used 1999 c230 kompressor with 74,000 miles on it. Pre-Purchase inspection revealed it in "Excellent" condition in every aspect. It is fun to drive, quiet, comfortable and looks and drives like a new car. Not a ding or dent, rattle or squeek and relatively low mileage. Original paint and clearcoat looks like new so does the interior. Great car.

New Owner
By Skipper on 06/04/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Bought 1999 C230 Kompressor 3 weeks ago. It is in excellent condition inside and out, one owner, 74,000 miles, well cared for with a ride that is extremely smooth, quiet and comfortable. My 1st Mercedes. I am very pleased with it and enjoy hearing comments about how clean, sharp and classy it is. It is fun to drive and, so far, while still early, it is a great buy.

Going back to GM
By GoingbacktoGM on 03/12/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

When I first purchased my C230 Kompressor I was really excited but that quickly passed after experiencing the cost of repair The wiper was the first thing to malfunction Cost of repair 500 dollars. Brake job 600 dollars Mass airflow sensor 400 dollars All around 90,000 miles. Transmission shifting very poor since I purchased. Will not buy Benz again GM much more dependable and less costly to repair.

Problems and problems
By laurent2 on 03/04/09 05:20 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Got this car and was really happy at first. During the winter the wiper motor broke. Replaced at 1700$. 6 months go by, the motor breaks again. Dealer says the motor broke because the mechanism broke first, No warranty. 1700$ again. Sent letters to the dealer and straight to MB Canada. Big step from them if they even acknowledged my request of refund. MB should really do something about their customer service. They might be selling cars, but they sure don't keep their customers.

Watch out
By micaheldab on 05/22/07 16:14 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I am sorry to say this is my first and last Mercedes. Just a month ago new transmission under warranty now compressor on a/c went. I have spent a lot more on maintenance than on my 2 Hondas. Sad thing is I still owe $6,000 on this. Mercedes needs to go back to the drawing board. Mine has 82,000 miles on it. My nephew's '96 Accord with 199,000 everything still works his car like it rolled off the showroom floor.

C230 Kompressor
By C230 Kompressor on 04/28/07 10:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Bought used 4 years old. Great performance wise, no doubt. Within 2nd year of ownership, had to replace wiper, AC, rotors. Sometimes windows don't work. Dash lights go on. In 3rd year of ownership, rust on both sides of door, under wheel well. This is a garaged car. My 13 year old Corolla had no rust at all! Very disappointed, especially for a Benz. The body integrity is poor on the car I own. I am looking forward to getting rid of it.