Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

c230 1999
By Klarent Ngjelo

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I had this for 3years no big problem just I 've changed flex disc , break light switch, oil every 5000 mile ,gas premium 91,wiper motor stoped working but was easy to fixed by my self ,I have cleaned mas sensor . It's a good car.

c 280
By MB MAN

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Overall great car, very fast luxurious to the max, my 280 has 90 thousand miles and still runs like the first day, never has broke down, just regular services.

there's a couple favorite feature, i love the leather, the carbon fiber, the classy look and the performance.

i wish mine had a cd player, only has cassette but very nice Bose sound.

Going on my 5th MBZ
By Tom

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1999 C230 Sedan Kompressor with less than 69k miles, in great condition internal/external. Apart from a little cricket noise the car is perfect. I've owned a 2001 coupe C230 Kompressor and I prefer the sedan for its solid stance and build quality. I've owned 4 others E, TD, E4matic and very happy with all of them. I regret selling them - think this time will be a keeper.

Design and build quality. Great radio (not a Bose) but it can get to all the stations even as far away as San Diego (150 miles from my house).

A larger or functional cup holders for front and back seat.

Great car
By Winnie

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. The drive is just as tight at 310,000 miles as it was the day I drove it off the showroom. It is such fun to drive.The handling is very predictable and secure. Whenever I drive a new rental car even with newer "bells and whistles"it pales in comparison. My only regret is that after 11 years I'm going to have to get another car.

Quick powerful acceleration, fun to drive, reliable.

Heating control for back seat passengers, power front passenger seats, back-up mirrors.

Good Car
By Bill

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Not looking for MB, but wife convinced me to test one. I was hooked! Drove and handled nicely, quiet, and plenty of power with decent mileage (24-25 mpg). Would have liked better acceleration and responsiveness when I push the peddle down, but still good for a V-6 and relatively heavy car. I have about 150,000 miles on it and it still runs and handles great. I have not put much money into repairs other than basic stuff. Harmonic balancer went bad, but MB fixed it under a recall (no cost to me). Complaints are wiper motor going bad, interior wearing out, LCD display/dash lights going out, and the body is beginning to rust around the wheel wells and sun roof. I would by a MB again!

Handling, nice ride, low road noise, power, and mileage. Stereo is great! Interior styling and layout. Looks great when clean and waxed. Ease of light bulb replacement and simple repairs - MB makes there cars easy to fix - just expensive to do.

Better acceleration and responsiveness when the peddle is pushed down. LCD/lights on dash should last longer than mine did and windshield wiper motor should last longer - simple technology should not fail. Very disappointed in the body rust - would keep car longer if no rust because it runs good.