Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best Car I've ever owned!
By Eileen Broader

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

You should check the service records on CarMax for sure. If it's been well loved, this car will last you forever. It's comfortable and you can be really confident driving it for view ability, NO blind spots, great instrumentation including cruise and wipers. Ours has 104,000 miles since '99 which is unbelievable. We had it repainted the same as the orig color (silver), had a new headliner put in, and had a leaky valve fixed. Our ignition system did fail at 103,000 mi after we replaced our key! Be sure not to buy a new key without them testing the ignition switch first :) Lesson learned by all of us. I would recommend this car to all families, older drivers and all in between. BOSE sound system is amazing!! Love this thing!

c230 1999
By Klarent Ngjelo

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I had this for 3years no big problem just I 've changed flex disc , break light switch, oil every 5000 mile ,gas premium 91,wiper motor stoped working but was easy to fixed by my self ,I have cleaned mas sensor . It's a good car.

c 280
By MB MAN

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

Overall great car, very fast luxurious to the max, my 280 has 90 thousand miles and still runs like the first day, never has broke down, just regular services.

there's a couple favorite feature, i love the leather, the carbon fiber, the classy look and the performance.

i wish mine had a cd player, only has cassette but very nice Bose sound.

Going on my 5th MBZ
By Tom

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1999 C230 Sedan Kompressor with less than 69k miles, in great condition internal/external. Apart from a little cricket noise the car is perfect. I've owned a 2001 coupe C230 Kompressor and I prefer the sedan for its solid stance and build quality. I've owned 4 others E, TD, E4matic and very happy with all of them. I regret selling them - think this time will be a keeper.

Design and build quality. Great radio (not a Bose) but it can get to all the stations even as far away as San Diego (150 miles from my house).

A larger or functional cup holders for front and back seat.

Great car
By Winnie

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. The drive is just as tight at 310,000 miles as it was the day I drove it off the showroom. It is such fun to drive.The handling is very predictable and secure. Whenever I drive a new rental car even with newer "bells and whistles"it pales in comparison. My only regret is that after 11 years I'm going to have to get another car.

Quick powerful acceleration, fun to drive, reliable.

Heating control for back seat passengers, power front passenger seats, back-up mirrors.