1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Very satisfied after 9 years

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C280 Sedan (2.8L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Very satisfied after 9 years
By Chuck on

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

We did purchase a I-Net bumper to bumper warranty for $2000 and that's helped. I'd say we've almost even on that. Very few serious repairs. Did need a cat converter, a/c compressor and a few other minor things. Outside Mercedes warranty work, I'd say we had $1600 of I-Net warranty over 6 years. We take very good care of the car and it only has 82,000 after 9 years

Good pick-up.You need the 280 motor! Good gas mileage on the highway, 30 MPG, but it is hi test gas. Quality interior has held up very, very well. Factory mats do not hold up though. Car is excellent at high speeds and on highway. Lots of pep.

No much really. It has been a good car for us to date. We will sell it next year - 10 years and the warranty is up. Two negatives are the high cost of changing the oil and the filter. And, you will start to get minor leaks as it ages. Our German mechanic said this is common at 100,000.