1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2.8L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Reliable and won't breakdown

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

Reliable and won't breakdown
By JP on

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I've had my C280 since Oct of 1997. It's the 98 model and it's still running like a champ. As much as I want a new car, this one won't break down so I can't justify buying a new one. So that's making me think I want to buy another MB as my new car when it's time. The only thing is it's so boring inside, not too many bells and whistles. Since I got this car when I was barely 20, I was able to spice it up with some clear corner blinkers with 18" AMG monoblocks, but the redesign really needs to take into consideration mg the 20-30 something crowd who loves the 3 series Bimmers. sometimes I feel like an old lady driving this sedan, but honestly this car has always been reliable and a great buy! Safe!

Favorite Features

Safety is a huge concern for me so that's why I originally got this car. Handles pretty well for a sedan and speeds that I take it at.

Suggested Improvements

I dont know about the new Benzes, a lot of people I know who have the new ones since Chrysler joined MB family seems to break down more?