Not bad
By rfarnum on
1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan
Took a few months for me to figure out that everyone isn't looking at you because you're driving a Benz. This is my daily driver, it's a great, solid car. Gas mileage is good to very good (26-27 average). Any time I drive a rental or a friend's car, I get back in my Benz and smile. It's a very well built car. The heavy, solid feel of the door shutting is ample justification for the price of a Mercedes. This car is pretty wimpy for it's weight. I have to do manual shift-drops for passing--the throttle tip-in is too slow. We have put a great deal of money into maintenance and repairs, but that's a price of driving a German car, no matter the make.
Favorite Features
Still love the styling. Paint quality and overall build quality are excellent. Cabin is tight but comfortable when you adjust to it. Quiet cabin. Moonroof is great.
Suggested Improvements
Windshield chips easily. Needs more power! The C220 is pretty rare, so it suffers from some odd maintenance issues (an airbag problem required an entirely new set of seatbelts to be installed to the tune of $1100). Stereo is lame. Fold down rear seat should be standard.