1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: An excellent economic german l

1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

An excellent economic german luxury car
By Doug S. on

1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 C220 in April of 2005 with 121,000 miles, for $4,600 as my first car. Within in the first year I spent a few thousand in repairs for things like air conditioning, suspension, emissions electronics, but it never has left me stranded or not started right up. The car now has 152,000 miles and drives like a dream. I love the car great gas mileage, 30 mpg highway and mid 20's around town even considering i floor it nearly every time i drive it. The 4 cylinder is a little slow off the line, but is surprisingly peppy at highway speeds. Even though the car is now more than 12 years old, in black with tinted windows it still looks amazing, and gets second looks all the time.

Great time-less looks, ride comfort, gas mileage, ease of maneuvering, and most importantly the feeling you get stepping out of a Benz

The 220 lacks low end pep (but returns great mileage), the keyless entry works only very close to car