1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Good used vehicle

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

Good used vehicle
By Chuck Luettgerodt on

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I bought my C280 from a client of mine. It had 168,000 miles on it, and a blown head gasket. I paid $2,500 for it, and put another $2,500 in it repairing the head with new valves & springs, and a new ($700) main engine harness as it was cracked due to age & heat. The car had been very well cared for, and was always serviced at the dealer by the previous owner. I replaced the original cassette deck with a MBZ slip-in CD player, ($300), and replaced some of the wood panels on the console, ($260). I take it on vacation, and generally get 24-26 MPG at 70-75 MPH. I have put 13,000 miles on it since I acquired it. It's a good solid car. Best thing though, is that my wife absolutely loves it.

1) Engine power and fuel mileage at high speeds. 2) Ride quality and quietness. 3) Automatic climate control. 4) It's just the right size, not too big, and not too small. 5) Availability of parts.

1) More room to work in and around the engine would be nice. 2) Sunroof headliner gets dirty when moving into roof cavity.