Bought in the states, picked up in Germany
By Joe on
1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan
A fantastic machine. Got it new 1995. Over 70k miles. Not a spot of rust. Checked 2x a year. One a/c problem early on. Repaired and no problem since. Wiper motor replaced early on, no problem since. Everything still original, muffler, shocks etc. Bought a bulb kit with the car and have never changed a bulb in 15 years. Unbelievable. It is my wife's car. I have a 2005 e500 but love driving the 280. Fold down rear seats (1st year for that), cd player in the trunk, mechanically adjustable steering wheel (just in and out no up or down, leather interior, sun roof. Drove it all over Europe for over 6 months 100+mph. Dropped off for shipment to states and dealer and we got it 2 weeks later. The best one I've owned.
Favorite Features
Reliability, endurance, turning radius, ESP system, roominess, full size spare tire and full aluminum rim, engine smoothness, great stereo system for the time, ease of cruise control operation, good positioning and movement of the electric seats, flawless performance. A joy to drive.
Suggested Improvements
In dash CD.Non-mechanical radio antenna.Seat position memory. Now however the new C class have all of those and more amenities. I tried to buy my wife a new one but she would not hear of it. She loves the car and after 50 years together, me too.The 280 too might last the 50 years ha ha.