BE AWARE mercedes is a disappointment. big mistake.
By caliii on
1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan
I bought this car from my uncle in 2008-2009 I didnt drive it much until about April of 2011. I loved it, dont get me wrong its a cute car. But horrible horrible mechanical issues. First off is the wiring harness..i wasnt aware of the problem when i bought it. It affects the performance. 2 weeks ago the car was uncontrollably shaking&losing power i took it to the mechanic he tightened a few things& it worked. The week after the shaking happens again and it stopped with me on the freeway, causing a huge safety concern. Dont but it unless you plan on spending more fixing the car than what you bought it for. The car has been to the mechanic more times than i have driven it.
Favorite Features
interior, seats, design, smooth drive, good size, comfortable,
Suggested Improvements
wiring harness, loses cylinder when it speeds up, better engine and transmission
By kimmy9900
on 03/20/12 06:52 AM (PDT)

Hello, I purchased a 95 c 220 in 2008 and have loved it ever since. Aside from the pricey tune-ups and oil change (synthetic) I have had no problems. However, I did experience the same shaky problems that you did. My car was uncontrollably shaking and losing power and I took it to my mechanic who didn't said it was the coils. I bought the part, and had him to replace it...only to find out it I had a faulty spark plug. The key with Mercedes is to only use Mercedes parts. I bought the spark plugs from Auto Zone (after market) and one of the spark plugs wore out within a couple months. So my advice is to only used Mercedes parts!

By whchuang
on 02/12/13 14:55 PM (PST)

Yes, and http://www.autohausaz.com/ is a good place to buy OEM or authentic Mercedes parts... (I'm not affiliated with them)