1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Everlasting
By Bob Summers on 04/06/10 21:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

I am the first owner of my 1995 C220 which I purchased new in 1995. It looks as good today, 15 years later as it did new. I have 258,000 miles on the car with 1 water pump replacement, 1 fuel pump replacement, 1 battery and a wire harness (expensive). Everything else is original. It runs like a champ, no rattles, quiet, great cruising car. I have driven it cross country and weekly between Washington DC and Raleigh-Durham N. Carolina. Gas mileage is great. Good engine pep, plenty of power on freeways with passing reserve. I cruise 70 - 75 mph. Interior still looks almost new, exterior paint is great. Engine light does come on and front end needs new shocks. Everything works on it

Love My C-class
By Deborah on 04/05/10 10:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

I would highly recommend this car to anyone. I'm the 2nd owner & have had it for almost 8 yrs. It is incredibly reliable, dependable. The only expenses have basically been maintenance. AND my around town gas mileage is consistently 22-24 mpg. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat!

My '94 220 C Class Mercedes Benz
By Class220 on 02/01/06 09:27 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

My 1995 C Class 220 is white and looks almost brand new. The drive is quiet, solid in build/design. It hugs the road making me feel safe, no fear of tipping over. Two new batteries in eleven years, no fender benders--other drivers seem to show respect for this auto. Men often ask if I'm anxious to sell. Not yet. Would definitely buy again.

Dogs displaced by this car!
By BENZ4JG on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

Its been more loyal than any dog- or human- I know. It has never let me down. It has protected me in several accidents. Extremely stable at high speeds. It is heavy and solid, very safe, yet small enough to manuver. There is no way to describe the way this car radiates quality. It feels like a bank vault. I said this car has never let me down, but I have had some small niggles: A/C has been a perpetual headache, and I just don't use it anymore, unless it is extremely hot out. The cruise control gave up, too. I point out though, this car has 166k miles on it.

Cute Baby Benz
By WillowJazz on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

My parents bought me the 95 c class as a present this past christmas (I actually recieved it in february though) and I love it more than anyhting! I used to drive our full sized family van (dodge). After lugging that huge thing around, the little c class seems so peppy. I originally wanted a ford truck, but the mercdes seemed to be a better choice, more reliable and safer. It's a little sluggish at lower speeds, but on the freeway, it can easily accelerate and take on anyone! We have yet to have any problems with it and I love that it doesn't look as old as it is.

B plus Benz
By barto on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been everything that I expected. The fit and finish are the best. The overal vehicle is a great value with the 6 cylinder engine peppy and economical. Handling is excellent and the overall ride and breaking are excellent. Interior and exterior craftsmanship are superb. The one reason that it is only a B plus is the transmission. Although, durable and reliable, the shift is not smooth. This is one to own, it still rides like a new one!!!!!!!

Mercedes Quality
By MIKZBNZ on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

This is a surprisingly well built and well appointed "compact" Mercedes. If you can get over the shifting into gears which can throw you back, it has power to accelerate even above legal speeds. Corners and handles well with top end tires. You can tell the solid "bullet proof" Mercedes feel and quality all the way around. Roomy, quiet and easy to park. Has the look of the bigger Benz without the price tag or repair tag..

Been Fun
By dquiglette on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my 1995 C220 for some time now. Haven't had any major problems. The 120k miles check up cost me about $2000.00, I needed the check up, breaks, and a new anntenea, as long as you don't mind dishing out money for an older car, I recommend it.

All-Around Great Car
By MercedesBoy on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C220 4dr Sedan

This is a car that does everything well. Cleverly designed, well executed, comfortable, safe and fun to drive. Excellent on the highway and small enough to easily get around the city. The 2.2 engine is only 148 HP, but is really responsive at high speeds. The auto trans shifts hard, but the brakes...well it's what you would expect for a car designed for the autobahn. Thouroghly enjoyable to own.