Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Everlasting
By Bob Summers

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

I am the first owner of my 1995 C220 which I purchased new in 1995. It looks as good today, 15 years later as it did new. I have 258,000 miles on the car with 1 water pump replacement, 1 fuel pump replacement, 1 battery and a wire harness (expensive). Everything else is original. It runs like a champ, no rattles, quiet, great cruising car. I have driven it cross country and weekly between Washington DC and Raleigh-Durham N. Carolina. Gas mileage is great. Good engine pep, plenty of power on freeways with passing reserve. I cruise 70 - 75 mph. Interior still looks almost new, exterior paint is great. Engine light does come on and front end needs new shocks. Everything works on it

Solid, quiet, turns on a dime (it really does),great backseat space and large trunk. Backseats drop down to Full power seats & windows. Has that classic M-B look. When washed and waxed the profile is great and impressive. It's a big car in a little car. Everything still works with no repairs

I am sure there is something but can't think of one for a 1995.

Love My C-class
By Deborah

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

I would highly recommend this car to anyone. I'm the 2nd owner & have had it for almost 8 yrs. It is incredibly reliable, dependable. The only expenses have basically been maintenance. AND my around town gas mileage is consistently 22-24 mpg. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat!

Good gas mileage, clean lines, good handling and enjoyable to drive.

It would be nice if it ran on regular gas vs high test.

My '94 220 C Class Mercedes Benz
By Class220

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

My 1995 C Class 220 is white and looks almost brand new. The drive is quiet, solid in build/design. It hugs the road making me feel safe, no fear of tipping over. Two new batteries in eleven years, no fender benders--other drivers seem to show respect for this auto. Men often ask if I'm anxious to sell. Not yet. Would definitely buy again.

Color, interior not flashy, doors and windows solid--no rattles! Actually can't hear anything from the outside while driving when windows are raised. When purchased CD's not popular, the one thing I miss is not having a cd player.

Plan to buy new car this year and it too will be a Benz. I bet the new ones have anything that I may mention here. I wish I could have added CD player a couple of years back. And I thought I loved my '84 SAAB. Thanks Mercedes!

Dogs displaced by this car!
By BENZ4JG

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

Its been more loyal than any dog- or human- I
know. It has never let me down. It has
protected me in several accidents. Extremely
stable at high speeds. It is heavy and solid,
very safe, yet small enough to manuver. There
is no way to describe the way this car radiates
quality. It feels like a bank vault. I said this car
has never let me down, but I have had some
small niggles: A/C has been a perpetual
headache, and I just don't use it anymore,
unless it is extremely hot out. The cruise
control gave up, too. I point
out though, this car has 166k miles on it.

The vehicle is built like a bank vault. It offers fun driving, and decent acceleration, without having too much power. You need to drive it to understand.

Few things break, but when they do, it costs. Its RWD can be a problem in snow, though it is not bad. It also, while mostly nuetral, when it goes, it tends towards oversteer. Fine with me, but i'm a teen age male

Cute Baby Benz
By WillowJazz

My parents bought me the 95 c class as
a present this past christmas (I
actually recieved it in february though)
and I love it more than anyhting! I
used to drive our full sized family van
(dodge). After lugging that huge thing
around, the little c class seems so
peppy. I originally wanted a ford
truck, but the mercdes seemed to be a
better choice, more reliable and safer.
It's a little sluggish at lower speeds,
but on the freeway, it can easily
accelerate and take on anyone! We have
yet to have any problems with it and I
love that it doesn't look as old as it
is.

How it looks like a sporty s class, no matter what, it always looks slick and you know you look good as you speed down the freeway.

I didn't know that you cannot unlock the car manually and not start the engine. It locks and you have to either unlock the car with the key or press the unlock button to start the engine. Random saftey features are nice...but only if you know them!