1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan 2.8L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

C280 Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Disappointing C280
By d8 on 05/25/08 14:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

The car is ok but not better than anything else. Certainly not as comfortable or quick as some GM cars I have owned and way below my son's BMW in every respect. And less features too.

Killed by a Deer
By A Reliable Friend on 04/11/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I had no intentions of giving up my sweet 94 C280 with 141,000 miles but a deer did me in last week. This car was well-made, a classic never-get-old design and a great performer for 14 years. Except for the check engine light that has been on for the last 110,000 miles, I had no issues with it. I'm now looking at the new C class with the hopes of finding one that will give me the same excellent support as my '94 did. It never once hesitated to start or give me the power I needed.

My First benz
By Scott on 11/14/07 01:59 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

140,000... when you close the door its closes like a bank vault, solid..The ride superb. 20 miles in the city 30 on the freeway. No leaks or sqeeks. Motor clean. Everything works. Uses no oil. I wanted to try a used one before buying a new one. I will never buy anything but a Mercedes again. The Car is like anything else. You need to take care of it. Mine has asked for little.

Great vehicle
By mercedez on 02/15/06 13:51 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for over ten years with virtually no repairs. It handles wonderful and is fun to drive.

C280 Good Value
By Wally on 12/26/05 14:18 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

For a 12 year old car, this an extremely tight and reliable vehicle- doesn't look its age in style either.

Never want to sell it!
By shrevetoo on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned. Best car in its class. Best service I've ever gotten in the automotive industry. Best re-sale value around. Since the new C- Class looks and feels like a freaking Toyota, finding one of these (94-97) in good, serviceable condition is a gift. Interior and exterior have held up (still have original floor mats-new ones suck) beyond my wildest expectations. It is a shame that MB has reduced its new C-Class to the level of a Lexus or an Acura.

C Stands for Crappy/Cheap
By JMAPAR on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Never buy the first model year of a new car model. My C280 has been a money sink hole. From Check Engine Light to instrument panel light bulbs, ignition coils, wiring harness, .... Would not buy another Mercedes. Reliability is ZERO; C is for Crappy and Cheap. Breaks have to be replaced every 25000 miles- that's pads and rotors.

WHY DID I BUY THIS CAR
By cory may on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

I guess its my fault since I should have never bought a car from an auction. But holy I have only owned the car for a couple months and the sunroof doesnt work, power locks dont work, heat does not work right, it has a head gasket leak which will cost $2500, one power window does not work, The car back fires and spudders, head rests dont work, theres more but too much to mention the mecanic told me it would cost about $5200 to fix. What a lemon!

Best Car Purchase Ever
By Thor13WV on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

This is the single best car that I have ever owned! The styling, comfort, and over all performance is true German engineering. I have become a true fan of the maker and will own no other kind of car.

94 c-220
By John M H on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4dr Sedan

Top quality in design and manufacturing. Solid car from bumper to bumper, no cheep tin can feel in this car! Heavy but well distribuited weight gives exelant ride and handeling.