1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
19 In My Benz-O
By DHiGGz on 01/25/09 00:55 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

As-Is 152,000 miles with a 1 year warranty $6,000 is how I got it. With a smooth ride, shockingly quiet engine, turns on a dime. Paid $100 deductible for $1500 worth of work on drive shaft and trans mount.. Unfortunately gaskets and seals weren't covered and there is a head gasket leaking oil everywhere. And reportedly oil in the coolant system so it's undergoing $4300 worth of work raising the cost of owning it well over 10,300 with other services done. Also came with corroded stock rims which were leaking air. I plan to throw some nicer rims on it when it comes out of surgery though. If you can afford it... have fun.

A solid, reliable & comfortable car
By Bob on 12/16/08 03:57 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

It's fair to say that it will not give go-cart like feedback, but the RWD layout and wide wheel base will provide composed handling. The car effortlessly eats motorway miles, but it is fair to say that it is underpowered on acceleration. The build quality & reliability (aside from the pitifully bad mono-wiper unit)is however second to none. Every door has a reassuring clunk, every switch a factory new click and it's obvious this car was designed to be over-engineered. It always starts, never breaks down, and even the paint work hasn't faded. Surprisingly parts are relatively easy and cheap to source (not that you will ever need to), and are extremely simple to maintain and fix. A solid car!

Horrible car
By George on 11/21/08 19:40 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

To call Mercedes a quality automobile is a statement by delusional owner trying to sell it! At 60,000 miles car was on third transmission, second windshield wiper motor unit, computer, air mass sensor, engine bay wire harness. At the end air con. Quit and during a rain storm the wiper failed again, resulting in loss of visibility and subsequent accident destroying the car. I would never again even consider MB !

C220
By Simon Robinson on 11/05/06 18:13 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to use to commute to my job since my '04 Nissan Titan was robbing my wallet. I paid $5K for it and spent $500.00 on some CLK wheels and new tyres. It is totally awesome on fuel economy and rides very nice. I won a changer on Ebay and that's a nice option for sound options and just love it. I am so impressed with M-Benz that I am buying the ML430 as my SUV of choice.

I love my C220
By LeeSee on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

This car has been great. I love the attnetion that I get compared to what I paid for it.

my car's rating
By Roland Tolentino on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

this vehicle has been reliable. people think it's year 2000 or so model. nice crueising in the highway and decent in acceleration.

great car
By ltehous on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

Would rather have this car than a new car that is not a MB. Get people to look and think I paid a foutune. Love to drive and enjoy the quality.

Great car!
By Mr. C on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. As an entry level Mercedes, you get Mercedes quality at a low price. Great for long distance trips. A really quality car!