Used 1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

19 In My Benz-O
By DHiGGz

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

As-Is 152,000 miles with a 1 year warranty $6,000 is how I got it. With a smooth ride, shockingly quiet engine, turns on a dime. Paid $100 deductible for $1500 worth of work on drive shaft and trans mount.. Unfortunately gaskets and seals weren't covered and there is a head gasket leaking oil everywhere. And reportedly oil in the coolant system so it's undergoing $4300 worth of work raising the cost of owning it well over 10,300 with other services done. Also came with corroded stock rims which were leaking air. I plan to throw some nicer rims on it when it comes out of surgery though. If you can afford it... have fun.

Mercedes feel. Handsome look. Trunk space. Leather. Smoothness of ride. Quietness of engine. Gas mileage.

Obviously some of the expensive and important gaskets and seals of this car wear out over the years. Wished it was with more durable materials. But hey, what can you say. Wood material around the shifter cracks with age.

A solid, reliable & comfortable car
By Bob

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

It's fair to say that it will not give go-cart like feedback, but the RWD layout and wide wheel base will provide composed handling. The car effortlessly eats motorway miles, but it is fair to say that it is underpowered on acceleration. The build quality & reliability (aside from the pitifully bad mono-wiper unit)is however second to none. Every door has a reassuring clunk, every switch a factory new click and it's obvious this car was designed to be over-engineered. It always starts, never breaks down, and even the paint work hasn't faded. Surprisingly parts are relatively easy and cheap to source (not that you will ever need to), and are extremely simple to maintain and fix. A solid car!

The excellent build standard and the sense of quality that you get are beyond comparison when any other similar range car. Was it actually made in a factory or chiseled from granite? It is simple to fix, easy & surprisingly cheap to maintain, and it incredibly comfortable on long journeys.

The comedic and pathetic attempts of the part masquerading as a windscreen wiper are monumentally bad. When it works, it flaps about like a one armed man trying to juggle soft boiled eggs. Keep the piston lubricated or it will lock up and that means removing the unit for a simple but annoying repair

Horrible car
By George

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

To call Mercedes a quality automobile is a statement by delusional owner trying to sell it! At 60,000 miles car was on third transmission, second windshield wiper motor unit, computer, air mass sensor, engine bay wire harness. At the end air con. Quit and during a rain storm the wiper failed again, resulting in loss of visibility and subsequent accident destroying the car. I would never again even consider MB !

None

Scrap the car.

C220
By Simon Robinson

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to use to commute to my job since my '04 Nissan Titan was robbing my wallet. I paid $5K for it and spent $500.00 on some CLK wheels and new tyres. It is totally awesome on fuel economy and rides very nice. I won a changer on Ebay and that's a nice option for sound options and just love it. I am so impressed with M-Benz that I am buying the ML430 as my SUV of choice.

The single windshield blade was way ahead of its time and sure keeps your vision clear. Love the blue shaded wing mirrors. Lots of truck space, and it's a great posh ride.

Rear suspension is a bit spongy and the wood dash by the stick cracks over age. Sunroof gets stuck on occasion, but hey it's 12 years old, I am not complaining.

I love my C220
By LeeSee

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

This car has been great. I love the attnetion that I get compared to what I paid for it.

I love the attnetion to detail, the wood finish, the thick metal used for body, the safety, etc.

I would like the engine to be a little more powerful, but I guess I don't mind since that means its fuel efficient