Used 1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

WHY DID I BUY THIS CAR
By cory may

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I guess its my fault since I should have never bought a car from an auction. But holy I have only owned the car for a couple months and the sunroof doesnt work, power locks dont work, heat does not work right, it has a head gasket leak which will cost $2500, one power window does not work, The car back fires and spudders, head rests dont work, theres more but too much to mention the mecanic told me it would cost about $5200 to fix. What a lemon!

Favorite Features

Cant say I have any I am to dissapointed.

Suggested Improvements

Make a bigger glove box, add tilt steering and cup holders!

Horrible car
By George

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 4dr Sedan

To call Mercedes a quality automobile is a statement by delusional owner trying to sell it! At 60,000 miles car was on third transmission, second windshield wiper motor unit, computer, air mass sensor, engine bay wire harness. At the end air con. Quit and during a rain storm the wiper failed again, resulting in loss of visibility and subsequent accident destroying the car. I would never again even consider MB !

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the car.

C Stands for Crappy/Cheap
By JMAPAR

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

Never buy the first model year of a new car model. My C280 has been a money sink hole. From Check Engine Light to instrument panel light bulbs, ignition coils, wiring harness, .... Would not buy another Mercedes. Reliability is ZERO; C is for Crappy and Cheap. Breaks have to be replaced every 25000 miles- that's pads and rotors.

Favorite Features

Very good turn radius. Can turn on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

1. Correct the bugs; 2. Recall the 1994/1995 C model for MB mistakes. 3. Whay MB did not include remote/keyless entry for the 94 model is just beyond me.

My Worst Nightmare
By ajean

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

The reviewers who say this car should last over 100K miles are wrong. Almost the instant, my MB hit 100K miles everything, from the ignition switch to the transmission, has gone out. Granted, it is an amazing, fun ride, when it runs. Needless to say, I'd pay Mercedes prices to have the paint- chipped but reliable Dodge Shadow I drove in college back!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, solid feel.

Suggested Improvements

Repairs too often and too pricey. Hard seats.

benzino
By benzdriver

1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

a nice car but i wish i went for the lexus instead, my friend has had no problems with his 94 gs300. the benz is a good car but feels like some shortcuts were takin when it was built, and if something goes wrong with it its very expensive to fix. my advice would be to look at the lexus, audi has nice ones too. (bought mine used with 68,000 miles)