2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive - Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (4 reviews )

Very nice Car. Fantastic deal.
By harleymyk

2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Good amount of power, which is especially impressive at lower speeds. Very quiet, velvet smooth, and handles just fine on winding canyon roads. Small on the outside and a breeze to park. Love the luxury appointments and standard technology: rain sensing windshield wiper controls, power memory seats, and even a buzzer that goes off if it thinks you are getting drowsy. Plenty of room in the back seat for at least two adults. With the back seats folded down I can toss my bike in without taking off the front tire You probably should not buy this car as your only vehicle. The 70-110 mile range works for me because I rarely drive more than 60 miles in a day and we have 2 other cars.

- Great lease! With a sticker price of over $48,000 I am paying a total of $328/mo including tax, license, and pre-paid maintenance (36 mo, 10,000mi/yr) thanks to a federal credit and dealer discount. My drive off ($2305) and first 3 payments will be reimbursed by a California clean air rebate and a Mercedes coupon. - Super smooth and quiet ride. - Fun and easy to drive. - Lots of power when you step on it. - Luxurious interior. - Solid feel with Mercedes quality. - Comfortable power memory seats. Great seat heaters. Rear seats for real full sized adults. - Web app allows you to remotely turn on climate control from your phone or PC. - It's electric! Tesla engine and battery.

- Need ability on car or app to delay or set the charging time. Hopefully coming with software upgrade. - Add DC super charger connection. - Provide keyless entry / push button start. - Allow car to remember the regeneration and eco/sport modes selected last time instead of resetting them to the default each time you turn on the car. - From the other comments, Mercedes needs to make sure its salespeople are communicating the range and electrical requirements of the car. I did my research before buying and there were no surprises for me, other than the great deal. You can do a search for the B-Class EV user group on Facebook and the user forum where there is a lot more information.

I Sold the Car just in third week
By alfi4

2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I am Doctor and driving 40 mile a day. Live in Glendale,CA. This was My first experience with electric Car.1- lack of Trained sales and service .2-Very limited charge Station and mostly not functional for this car.3-Real range of Drive about 60-70 mile 4-Car released by a level 1 charger(110/12 AMP),it means 110*12=1.3 KW.or other word if you use this adapter in regular home Plug :in the best condition(with 15 AMP plug and cable) will take 28:1.3=22 hrs to charge.5-A lot of noise in Audio system. 6- Performance is very Poor in uphill.7-No Fast charger In summary: not practical for US. not functional with 110 Power. No Local support by Water and power company.Too much limitation

Only Interior design

-we live in US.Our electrical system is 110 V with 5 to 40 AMP power.Why this car should be release in Market with a 110/12 Amp adaptor.24 hrs charging time for 60-70 mile.Home Charge station (220/40) will cost 1000 + dollar if approved by city. I think first they can change their adaptor to 110 /30 or 40 then add 220 option.

Love this car!
By rickc7

2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I've been driving my B class electric for 2 months now. I truly enjoy every time I get in this car. It is surprisingly quick off the line and passing on the highway. Okay, it's not a Tesla S, but it is a great car for half the price (the battery and motor are from Tesla). Mine has the Range package which includes the range extender (haven't used it yet), the heated windshield, the Harmon-Kardon sound system and the extra sound-proofing insulation in the doors and roof. This makes it a very quiet car. The sound system is much better than any car I've ever owned (may be partly due to the lack of engine noise). I drive it every day for commuting.

Almost silent, quick, very roomy and comfortable. I am 6'4" and fit very comfortably in this car, which is a rarity for me. Fabulous technology/electronics

Would love to see Tesla upgrade the battery pack at some point to 150-200 miles

No more gas!!
By mrsr0binson

2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Got the B class when my GLK lease ended. I have loved the GLK but hated paying for gas. I was spending over $200 on gas each month (I used the "good stuff" 91). So far tooling around for "free" (free charging station at work) has been awesome! Back to the B Class. What a treat! I like cooling/heating the car before I get in (up to 15min) and silently getting on the road. I had a prius before the GLK and hated when the engine would kick in at stop lights or when you went above 15mph (or so, I don't remember). Awesome sound system (I have the multi-media package). Voice command is greatly improved. Plus it is a Mercedes what else needs to be said about the quality of the car?

Starting from app Free parking at meters in my city Free charging at work makes driving it free MBrace free for 3 years Harmon Karden speakers Voice Command that actually understands me--they have also tweaked the navi address entry

Push button start