1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

560SEL 5.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
ONE OF THE BEST CARS EVER BUILT
By johnfitch on 08/14/13 17:14 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

Safe and reliable . It is a fun car to drive, comfortable and so smooth. I bought this car for my dad who insisted on the very best in quality. My dad recently passed away and unfortunately I now need to sell the car. Clean and cared for. Looks and drives like new . If you know anyone who would appreciate this soon to be classic, they may contact me at houdini-magic@webtv.net

Rock Solid car
By estate1997 on 03/24/11 18:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

The best of 3 SEL's we have owned over the last 20 years. Repairs have been regular oil and filter changes , brakes, and one problem window over the last four years. Our mechanic says ignore the power steering pump leak and live with it. Fuel mileage is the best we have had. 15 around town and 20 to 22 on longer trips. We run regular fuel but we don't hot rod it. I have always purchased around 100K and run them to 200K plus then basically give them away. Pay extra for good tires. It is worth it in ride and handling. Look for one that is really clean and cared for. It is worth the search. Have fun and enjoy it.

Luxury liner
By mike on 02/16/08 16:57 PM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

These cars drive like a cloud on the highway great for long cruises very comfortable almost like sitting in an easy chair with full position controls. Ample power with the 560 engine and great handling for a car this size, very quiet and smooth ride probably better than the new ones made in North America

Tank
By handbanana on 10/26/07 09:48 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

This car was given to me when I got my license a few months ago. It doesn't dent, and it would survive any collisions. I'm at 84k miles and I've had a lot of problems, and it costs an arm and a leg to repair. The A/C compressor is broken and the dealer wants $2k for it. I feel really safe in it, but I get an awful 10 mpg and it's extremely difficult to park and maneuver. It takes a lot of strength to turn the wheel. This car isn't for short people - the hood is gigantic.

Best Car I ever owned
By D. McNeel on 01/04/05 18:07 PM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever owned. Dependable, hugs the road, sturdy, comfortable to drive. Fourteen years and very few problems outside of regular maintenance. Fabulous car.

Great Car
By cy on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

A great example of great design and manufacturing prowess, this is a solid car that is safe, reliable, and extremely durable. It's 12 years later and I still see many of them on the road.

a great cruiser
By Skull man on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

I love my 560SEL. It has the perfect combination: Comfort Power Reliabilty Classic looks I believe it to be the best car MB has made in the last 15 years. I've had friends with newer models and they are great cars, but there is just something special about this "next classic"

Excellent Car for Long Term
By LLLL on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Sedan 560SEL 4dr Sedan

A car that you can't give up after 156,000 miles is really a winner. It is a dream on the highway, for long cruises. It did take getting used to as it takes more arm strength to manuever than an American car, but once you get used to it, it is wonderful. The heated seats have you warm in one block. The radio, heat, A/C, reliability are great. In minor bumps, it rarely dents. It retains it's new car look permanently. After 156,000, the interior still seems new.

560SEL
By JOKER on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Car for the money

560SEL
By Joker on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Car for the money