Used 1993 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500-Class model:

Be Prepared To Open Your Wallet
By Tim Schmidt

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500E 4dr Sedan

I love the car but it sucks the money right out of my wallet. Be prepared to spend big bucks on maintenance. My tranny just went out and cost me $4500, not to mention around 5k in other miscellaneous repairs. And this is only with in a year. Granted my car has 159,000 miles...but still. A beautiful car and I love driving it, but it is not cheap.

Exterior, flared fenders, backseat wood console, speed, handling, brakes.

No cup holders! Starts in second gear (though a first gear start can be purchased).

Unforseen repairs
By dave

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SL 2dr Convertible

My vehicle was in staorage for a period of time. It was in great shape when I purchased it. What I did not know was the hydraulic air pistons that operated the roof system were dried out and brittle causing them to leak. The replacemnet cost was close to $4000

I like the style and looks of my SL500. It is a weekend driver for me. I enjoy driving up to the counrty club and getting compliments on my car from friends. My friends compliment me on my car.

Good but not Great
By dante

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year with 58,000 miles and the day I brought it home, the transmission went! Then the shocks, and the rear suspension, and the A/C evaporator, and the front armrest, and then the doors stopped being "sucked" shut. I still think it is the best looking car on the road, not to mention it's awesome acceleration 60 to 120 MPH!! The power and heated seats are unmatched by any other car, and the use of space is also very impressive. No matter how awesome this car is, you need to have deep pockets to own one. Between $70 oil changes and $500 brakes, make sure you can afford one before you buy!!

Rear seat leg room, Power rear and heated seats, power door sealers, 315 hp engine, great styling, driver comfort, turning radius, and quiet ride

A decent cup holder in the front, cheaper parts and service!

nice
By Bruce the benz man

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

The best ten year old car I've owned. smooth and comfortable.the fastest tank on the road.

power, leg room

cup holders,auto locking

fabulous car
By Alexis Martin

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500E 4dr Sedan

fantastic car with a fantastic engine. fuel economy is surprising low in spite of a hard driving on european roads. feels like a tank

5 speeds auto would have been a plus, but...