Used 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500-Class model:

Sexy
By Ken

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I've had my 92 500sel for only a couple of weeks, but I love it. The car is sexy, nothing to it. The body design looks good even 15 years later it has a modern look. The interior is way ahead of its time. It has more features then my 2002 Mercedes. It could do a little bit better on gas but it is a dream to drive. Also quite expensive to keep running but well worth the experience

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats and the reclining back seat and the fact that everything is automatic

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are a must in a car and also better gas mileage

The best MB has to offer..
By JEFFP

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 500SEL in 2005 from an older couple who thought they were upgrading to a BMW "7" Series. They really took care of this car. They called me two weeks after obtaining their BMW to see if I would be interested in selling the MB back to them. I politely declined. This car has every option that MB could think of and it drives like a dream. I purchased my car with 75,000 origional miles and drive it going out on the town and on special occasions only. I have put several hundred pampered miles on this car and it is just flauless. I will own this car for at least another ten years or more and probably pass it on to my kids.

Favorite Features

Power, expansive front and back seat, auto shutting trunk and doors.

Suggested Improvements

None, how can you improve on perfection?

Built to last and by Porsche
By george

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500E 4dr Sedan

The 500E is deceiving in its look but it is the strongest car in its class. Driving it, the engine is quiet and the interior is built to high quality. Even the leather is impeccable.

Favorite Features

Hustle capability.

Suggested Improvements

None noted.

"Sweet, Fast, Comfortable , Beast"
By Dee 2

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this beast from a friend and he now regrets that he sold it. Since then I put 18" wheels and tires (255/45/18 front & 285/40/18 ZR rated tires)use the best lubricants to keep this beast happy. So far, so good and it can sure fly. I already had it up to 150 mph and it still rides like you are going 80 mph. Safe and quiet! And this beast is 12 years old. Still get looks and asked questions at the fuel station. If you can, obtain a 1992 500 SEL!

Favorite Features

Safety, performance, heated seats, and looks!

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Finally Bought A W140 Mercedes
By Texas Star Man

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

Finally, on 8.19.03, I purchased the Mercedes I've always wanted, a W140 S Class. This particular unit is a 1992 500SEL with 75,000 miles the day I bought it. Everything, everything, but the front seat power head rests operate as it should. I thought my W126 (300SDL) was incredible, and it was, but this S Class is without a doubt the finest Mercedes ever built. They can be expesive to maintain, but my! what an incredible automobile. It is quiet, comfortable, powerful, and handsome and safe. What more should a car be?

Favorite Features

The door/trunk closing assist and the backing guides in the rear fenders have to be the most interesting features on this car. That 5.0 litre power plant is no slouch either!

Suggested Improvements

Since this model is no longer in production, no suggestions seem in order.