Used 1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 400-Class model:

Magic Carpet Ride
By double140

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

I have to remind myself Iam driving because the ride is so smooth ,you can easily fall asleep behind the wheel.And is so quite it's like watching a silent movie when you roll up all the windows and turn the radio off, and I own a 93 400sel best ride of any car I ever rode in by far. I keep up on service like clock work which sometimes make you wish you had a Chevy . But if you never been on a Majic carpet ride you better go get a s-class now ,It's still turns heads and get thumbs up from people when I pass by them . The best car ever made ,that's my opion and by far the best ride unless you own a Majic carpet .

Best Ride Going
By Jake

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

One of the biggest, heaviest, safest, most comfortable cars ever made. Longer, heavier, more fuel capacity, etc than the next body style in 2000, the W140 body M-B's were, and still are, some of the best road cars ever made. If you drive long, fairly straight and for long distances, this is the car for you. On the highway I get 20-22 mpg, same as the highway MPG for the 2007 Toyota's, so how can you go wrong. This car will make you feel you should be riding in back, not driving it.

Ultimate stability and road handling, Quiet; there is no road noise, no engine noise, no tire noise, nothing unless you turn on the radio or 6 CD changer.

The 4.3 L in the 400 can be a bit light, if you want to push it, but the 500 and 600 really drink the gas, so it is up to you.

13 years old ahead of it's time
By grmace75

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of a black 93. I love almost everything about the vehicle. I have kept up with the maintenace and have never been dissappointed. The fit n finish are second to none. Mine still looks like it rolled off the show room. The only probs I have had are with the pass rear window not working/rolling up. Mercedes are also very expensive to maintain otherwise, I have yet to find another vehicle with the build quality besides the new ones. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone as they are pretty resonable at it's age.

Timeless design and interior appointments. Dual pane glass pneumatic doors.

More resonable service.

Presence - unlike any other! 400 SEL
By 400sel

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400E 4dr Sedan

The 400SEL is a great car, luxuriously appointed, and performs great. The long wheel base version is very roomy and one of the finest class of cars Mercedes has built. It's robust construction will provide years of driving pleasure. I'm hooked to the S- Class now:-)

TOO MANY! Styling, Size, Handling, Finish, Dual climate control, 6-Disc CD changer, Sunroof with popup. Like the power-everything! The vaccum assisted door and trunk closer is neat! Rich leather and wood finish adds to the luxurious finish.

Fuel economy is real bad! But what can you do;( You have to give up somethig to get everything else you love!

Awesome SEL400
By sklde

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I was not comfortable buying such an old vehicle, however this car rides better than a cadillac and performs like a corvette. If you a lucky enough to get one at a good deal, do it.

The buttons all over this car make the entire vehicle controllable by the driver. The seats are amazing at versatility. The last but not least is the suspension, I feel like Im in a limo.

The radio has a problem with codes and other BS. Visibility is limited in rear.