1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 400-Class model:
Magic Carpet Ride
By double140 on 08/10/13 07:20 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

I have to remind myself Iam driving because the ride is so smooth ,you can easily fall asleep behind the wheel.And is so quite it's like watching a silent movie when you roll up all the windows and turn the radio off, and I own a 93 400sel best ride of any car I ever rode in by far. I keep up on service like clock work which sometimes make you wish you had a Chevy . But if you never been on a Majic carpet ride you better go get a s-class now ,It's still turns heads and get thumbs up from people when I pass by them . The best car ever made ,that's my opion and by far the best ride unless you own a Majic carpet .

Best Ride Going
By Jake on 10/24/07 13:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

One of the biggest, heaviest, safest, most comfortable cars ever made. Longer, heavier, more fuel capacity, etc than the next body style in 2000, the W140 body M-B's were, and still are, some of the best road cars ever made. If you drive long, fairly straight and for long distances, this is the car for you. On the highway I get 20-22 mpg, same as the highway MPG for the 2007 Toyota's, so how can you go wrong. This car will make you feel you should be riding in back, not driving it.

13 years old ahead of it's time
By grmace75 on 12/14/05 05:49 AM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of a black 93. I love almost everything about the vehicle. I have kept up with the maintenace and have never been dissappointed. The fit n finish are second to none. Mine still looks like it rolled off the show room. The only probs I have had are with the pass rear window not working/rolling up. Mercedes are also very expensive to maintain otherwise, I have yet to find another vehicle with the build quality besides the new ones. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone as they are pretty resonable at it's age.

Presence - unlike any other! 400 SEL
By 400sel on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400E 4dr Sedan

The 400SEL is a great car, luxuriously appointed, and performs great. The long wheel base version is very roomy and one of the finest class of cars Mercedes has built. It's robust construction will provide years of driving pleasure. I'm hooked to the S- Class now:-)

Awesome SEL400
By sklde on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I was not comfortable buying such an old vehicle, however this car rides better than a cadillac and performs like a corvette. If you a lucky enough to get one at a good deal, do it.

What a Benz is really about
By kam on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

Nicest car I have ever driven. 145000 happy miles. It is a very hi tech machine, don't buy one unless you are willing to fix things right, and that is not cheap in the 140 body style!

400 S - It doesn't get any better ...
By 5bob5 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 400-Class Sedan 400SEL 4dr Sedan

I have had several Merceds Automobiles. The 400S is clearly the finest automobile I have ever owned. THe ride is eceptional, the handling terrifi and the safety, quality and reliability second to no-one. There is a difference and I wish I hadn't waited so long to take advantage of the finest there is.

Great Car - Luxury and Performance
By 400sel on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)