Dont lose your 350SD engine
By Jay on
1991 Mercedes-Benz 350-Class 350SD Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan
My 350SD has been a daily driver for me for 9 years. This is one of the best driving sedans mercedes ever built. The car really handles a curve and is a great touring sedan on the hwy. I like the diesel, it's no dog with the the turbo and I just typically drive a little slower (no tickets). Now this is very inportant if you own this car; The turbo charger on this engine gets its lubrication from the engine oil, the turbo charger operates at such an high RPM that within a very short time "60K to 80K miles of engine operation" the seals in the turbo can go and will start blowing engine oil into the manifold. This will lead to engine loss. If you're losing eng oil replace the turbo immediately.
Favorite Features
Gets great fuel mileage. Big sedan with lots of room for all. Classic Mercedes look. Fun handling car even around town
Suggested Improvements
If your losing a quart of oil every couple of days replace the turbo charger if you want to keep your engine.
By jadyh
on 04/19/12 07:19 AM (PDT)

I have a 350SD and it is starting to leak oil at the turbo. Do you have any suggestions on new turbo's?