1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
300E 3.2 has more
By davecancu on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car from used car lot traded a tired 81 280E and $$$ to get this gem.Very fine car love to drive again. Will put Yokahoma's on this car too was a great tire for my 81 would recommend the Avid Tourning. Can't wait. Love this car.

Almost 200,000 and no problems
By Nicster1 on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

Purchase vehicle a year ago and I have not had one problem and I am coming up on 200,000 soon no problems. Excellent vehicle everyone should have one.

300CE Sportline Coupe !
By Jatindy on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300CE 2dr Coupe

I must say that this has been a wonderful car. I have had no problems with this car since I have owned it. 5 year total. The local dealership has been great in keeping the maintinace up. Just very pleased with the car. Yoy can't go wrong. Its a straight six. There are bullet proof!

A dream come true
By NewMBowner on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

I am basking in the sun through the large power moonroof in this used MB 300 SE. It has power everything and the best stereo I have ever listened to in a car. So far so good as far as failures go - nothing but routine maintenance. What a sweet ride!!

Ultimate Highway Luxury
By david on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the alltime great luxury cars. Hand built, the W-140 model of these few years is one of the heaviest cars ever made (5950 pounds). It's quiet, safe, and geared for highway speed ather than zipping around town. Even with the economical 3.2 liter engine it cruises effortlessly at 120 mph. The bigger engine in the 500 helps at the low end in city acceleration I would imagine. Gas mileage is about 19 MPG.

Ultimate Highway Luxury
By David on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever purchased
By David Rogers on 03/02/02 12:57 PM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Now has 177,000 mile on it. I put on 130,000 of those. Very pleased with dealer service. Gets better gas mileage than expected, although you have to use Premium.

Timing Chain Problem
By Benz Man on 02/24/02 11:57 AM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

I am the orig. owner of a 93 300D with 72Km.Other owners have had timing chain failures. One had the chain fail in Aug 96,requiring a new engine ($13,000)at that time. MBNA had released in Nov 96, MBNA 05/095, Revised timing chain with a new center link plate. I just had the orig. timing chain replaced, along with the chain tensioner (3 service bull. on this item),cam gear,chain rails,and vac. pump.MBNA has refused to inform other owners to give them the option to replace these defective parts.