Used 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

partially good
By robert

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

it feels good driving the car cause it has nice swag.the only problem is that it takes up too much gas and lack some interior features

Favorite Features

car build

Suggested Improvements

cup holders which i guess the have in recent ones,more mpg and a little more interior pimping

One of mercedes' best!!!
By mb300d

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased a well cared for 1993 300se from a local "high-end" dealer. The key to having a good experience with these cars is making sure that all service and mantainence has been completed on the deal. Have a local "expert" do an inspection including a leak down test and you'll be fine. The car is one of the best ever to be produced by mercedes. Just wished the soft closing door feature worked all the time without having to disconnect the battery! aargh! The use of 100 octane fuel also helps with the fuel economy- currently getting an astounding 26mpg in the mountains of colorado!

Favorite Features

Excellent interior appointments. Great seat adjustments and plenty of storage for golf clubs and a keg o beer! The bose system is ok as long as the crossovers hold up- common problem that they don't.

Suggested Improvements

could have benefited from a better transmission that wasn't vaccume regulated.

Overview of my experience with these car
By George Hall

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

A great car but don't get into one unless you are aware of the very expensive costs of maintenance

Favorite Features

Everlasting styling; great performance and reliability; reasonably good fuel economy; reputation for safety.

Suggested Improvements

A place for drink cups...impossible to imagine such a great car having NONE!

Love my car
By Newyorker

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

I have had no problems with this car. Other than the regular oil changes and tuneups there is nothing else this car needs. I could not be happier I love my car.

Favorite Features

Where do I begin inside and out it is a classy looking car. But I guess its best feature is the way it handles. It feels as though you are driving on a cloud.

Suggested Improvements

If buying this year check to ensure the Ac was fixed mercedes had some issue with this models AC units.

I Bought an Unloved Example
By euthailand9

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

Extreamly well made and solid car. The suspension soaks up every bump and the double glazing helps to make it very quite. Build quality in the cabin is excellent - no squeaks or rattles whatsoever. Unfortunately I bought one that turned out to have been unloved and it cost a lot of money to put right. Head gasket replaced, gearbox overhauled, water pump and tappets replaced, brake disks and drop-link arms on the suspension replaced, CD autochanger replaced - the list goes on and on. But I have now a brillant car with all the major bits fixed (I hope)! If you can get one that has been serviced correctly then this must be the best car in the world!

Favorite Features

Great suspension - soft on the bumps yet allows the car to handle the bends as if it were much smaller and lighter.

Suggested Improvements

No air con in my car - this is a must! Make sure you also get leather and auto transmission for resale value.