1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
I think I'm in love...
By mybabysadie on 05/05/12 17:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 300E yesterday and I'm absolutely in love with it. I previously owned a 1996 Ford Windstar minivan I inherited from my dad, and I hated driving. With my 300E, driving is my new favorite activity! I love the ride...so smooth! It has 180,000 miles on it right now and I'm hoping for lots more!

A labor of Love
By Mate on 01/15/10 14:20 PM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 300E used with 120,000 miles. If you can not personally perform major mechanical work on this car, be prepared to pay massive repair bills. Also be prepared to love this car with all your heart. It is a smooth riding, classy, wonderful automobile. You will treat her like a dysfunctional child who grows up and needs all kinds of financial support. Because it's your kid, you'll pay the money because you will fall in love with the car. I have put over $10k restoring the car and it doesn't bother me a bit because nothing drives like it/looks like it/runs like it. You can't kill it but you will spend $$$$$ keeping her going. For me...that's okay....for now.

Funtasitic Car
By J.R on 01/12/07 05:46 AM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Runs great, fun to drive. I think the best Benz ever made. It has 145K miles but runs like brand new car. I don't have any problem with it since I bought it from old lady who retired from the Library of Congress.

Great Car at 160,000 miles
By Tony Soprano on 11/04/04 12:54 PM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2002 Mercedes-Benz 300E in August 2002. It had 132,000 miles on it already and has 160,000 now in November 2004. I have had to do nothing to this car, but change the oil. I'll wasily have this car for another 100,000 miles. It has been great.. It's my daily driver. It has a smooth ride, great pickup, and comfortable seats. The only thing I did was purchase the 17 in. Mercedes-Benz rims.

MyBenz
By vwalee on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Excellent mid-size car. Solid, quiet. Currently. 242,000KM Repair History: Vent blower(replace) and Frnt Brakes at 240,000km. Headgasket leak problems, typical with this engines repaired @230,000KM. Replace front end bearings and Bushings & engine mounts at 220,000KM. Water Pump at 195,000km, Shocks replaced with Midas at 185,000KM. Toyo 8000 tires at 175,000KM. Car runs like a dream with constant maintenance not a cheap car to upkeep Approx$1,100 per year.

4Matic Sedan ,, fast safe and fun
By gomer on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car 6 months and 10,000 miles ago it is fast and stable , a perfect car to really gobble up the miles in ,, other than a few small items , a 4matic wheel sensor , a new muffler and a front brake job the car has been trouble free , repairs are reasonable for a DIY-er , expensive if you need a mechanic, this is heavier than a regular 300e due to the AWD but performance is still good, the straight six is the best engine MBZ makes , should run easily to 300,000 and beyond , gets 20mpg average and will top out at 130mph (low gearing). This is a car that both you and your wife can love.

Eleven years young
By mona4bv on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300SE 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this 300SE for 11 years, and it still feels and drives like a new car, good power and mileage for a heavy car. It has good visibility has a big tr

300E
By herebob on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Every evperience with this vehicle has been excellent. It does everything extremely well.