Used 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

I think I'm in love...
By mybabysadie

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 300E yesterday and I'm absolutely in love with it. I previously owned a 1996 Ford Windstar minivan I inherited from my dad, and I hated driving. With my 300E, driving is my new favorite activity! I love the ride...so smooth! It has 180,000 miles on it right now and I'm hoping for lots more!

Moon roof, leather seats, comfortable smooth ride

Shifts kind of hard when I first start driving it, but easier as the engine warms up

A labor of Love
By Mate

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 300E used with 120,000 miles. If you can not personally perform major mechanical work on this car, be prepared to pay massive repair bills. Also be prepared to love this car with all your heart. It is a smooth riding, classy, wonderful automobile. You will treat her like a dysfunctional child who grows up and needs all kinds of financial support. Because it's your kid, you'll pay the money because you will fall in love with the car. I have put over $10k restoring the car and it doesn't bother me a bit because nothing drives like it/looks like it/runs like it. You can't kill it but you will spend $$$$$ keeping her going. For me...that's okay....for now.

Incredibly smooth ride. Tight steering and handling. Quite interior. Excellent curb appeal. She's a classy old princess...to be sure.

Be sure to put Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S 205/60R15 on your 15 inch rims. The best tire I've ever driven on this car. The car performs better if she's driven/driven/driven. And don't worry about a few oil drops on the garage floor...it's par for the course.

Funtasitic Car
By J.R

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Runs great, fun to drive. I think the best Benz ever made. It has 145K miles but runs like brand new car. I don't have any problem with it since I bought it from old lady who retired from the Library of Congress.

Heated seats

Power side mirrors. Nicer radio. Wider low profile tires

Great Car at 160,000 miles
By Tony Soprano

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2002 Mercedes-Benz 300E in August 2002. It had 132,000 miles on it already and has 160,000 now in November 2004. I have had to do nothing to this car, but change the oil. I'll wasily have this car for another 100,000 miles. It has been great.. It's my daily driver. It has a smooth ride, great pickup, and comfortable seats. The only thing I did was purchase the 17 in. Mercedes-Benz rims.

Black Leather, Classic body style.

It needs heated seats, better AC/Heat controls. Fan only has slow or fast, it needs need medium.

MyBenz
By vwalee

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Excellent mid-size car. Solid, quiet. Currently. 242,000KM Repair History: Vent blower(replace) and Frnt Brakes at 240,000km. Headgasket leak problems, typical with this engines repaired @230,000KM. Replace front end bearings and Bushings & engine mounts at 220,000KM. Water Pump at 195,000km, Shocks replaced with Midas at 185,000KM. Toyo 8000 tires at 175,000KM. Car runs like a dream with constant maintenance not a cheap car to upkeep Approx$1,100 per year.

It drives nice, solid and quiet. A real drivers car. Not great on power but sufficent for highway. Good on gass.