my 1991 300E
By R. Edmondson on
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan
Was a gift from my dad and have had for about 8 months. My mech. nephew worked on it for me, the main fuse went out and it was due for a tune up. He said it was one of the easier cars he's worked on. Apparently is was in need of replacing all tune up parts, it had run good, just not good fuel economy. Since tune up it runs funtabulous! :o) Best car I've ever owned, great car to drive, despite how heavy a car it is. Handles the road nicely, good acceleration. My only complaint is the air con won't hold freon, minor problem in grand scheme of things, will get fixed before this summer. In short, love this car and will keep as long as viable cost wise.
Favorite Features
Easier to use than most cars' cruise control. The smooth ride, and pretty nimble considering it's overall weight. Very comfortable seats and headrest has nice adjustability. I like the temp. controls that allow one to set the t Smartly designed for ease of driving and basic repairs.
Suggested Improvements
Previous owner informed me that the problem with air con. not holding freon has been an issue for awhile, but didn't indicate how long that had been, so a better air con. is my main improvement. Also, the sun-roof opens and exposes you to elements, a sliding window would of been good,option in 1991?