1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
my 1991 300E
By R. Edmondson on 03/03/10 13:33 PM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Was a gift from my dad and have had for about 8 months. My mech. nephew worked on it for me, the main fuse went out and it was due for a tune up. He said it was one of the easier cars he's worked on. Apparently is was in need of replacing all tune up parts, it had run good, just not good fuel economy. Since tune up it runs funtabulous! :o) Best car I've ever owned, great car to drive, despite how heavy a car it is. Handles the road nicely, good acceleration. My only complaint is the air con won't hold freon, minor problem in grand scheme of things, will get fixed before this summer. In short, love this car and will keep as long as viable cost wise.

Surprised it Worked
By farmerm90 on 12/03/09 10:54 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I got this car from a friend of the family as a graduation gift. Problem was it had been started in 4 years and had been sitting in pennsylvania the whole time. It didn't run when I first got in. So I replaced the battery and it started right up. I had a lot of wear and tear on the under side. I have put a lot of time and effort into getting her running like new. But she is fast as hell, runs like a champ.

Love My Mercedes
By Aleeyah on 03/18/08 16:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300SE 4dr Sedan

i purchased this Mercedes in 2006, and it has 204,000 miles on it and I love the solid feel that you get in driving a Mercedes. I used to own nothing but Japanese cars. The German engineering is impeccable, this car has been very reliable. I see why this car was $53,900. 17 years later, still running strong, I see a lot of them still on the road, they are truely, classy cars and they keep their value, so that should tell you something!

Love my Merc
By Charlie on 01/27/08 08:27 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I found this one owner all server records 300E for sale. I have always been a fan of this body style since they came out in 1986. For $5,000 I bought it. I the 8,000 miles I have had it there have been no problems. Love to drive it on a trip. I get 24mpg consistently. Nobody believes it is a 17yo car. It is a keeper. The W124 of this era are along with the w140, the last of the great Mercedes

Fun to Run
By James Gang on 08/22/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Love our MB 300 E. Just bought it, instead of another Harley. The car really loves the curves, and we have the perfect roads here in Southern Alberta, Canada. Gas mileage is nothing to write home about, but the comfort and the sound system make up for it. Also love that looks, you know its a Mercedes, the new new ones make you wonder if its a Honda. The MB 300E there is no mistaken what he is

Great Car, Great Price!
By Mark on 08/15/07 11:11 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 300E for a few months now and absolutely love it! I found it in the back yard broken down for about a year, had it towed to international mechanic who put $1000 in it total and now I have a like new vehicle that runs perfect. This car is in great shape! Find one, buy one and you will not be dissapointed.

What a suprise
By The Young One on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car originally for himself but then gave it to me as a college gift. He bougt it with 68K on it and now has 204,239 miles. The only work on it, other than normal maintenance, has been its first tune up at 189K, and a barring that was replaced holding the fan belt in. This car is more than worth the money and will be a car in our life for atleast another 100K. Mercedez has definately gained a new loyal consumer!

Mint condition , garage kept
By Mrcsales51 on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300SE 4dr Sedan

a gem garage kept only highway milage 1 driver 1 owner serviced regularly detailed yearly a real steel better then a brane new car

The 300SE is definitely a family car!
By Francisco on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 1996 off a trade-in from a 5 year lease. This was the best deal I ever made. With low mileage 32k miles and in great condition. It is now May 2003 and I have had the car for 7 years and still love it. I have driven from New Jersey to Miami 5 times with no problems. It has only needed the standard maintenance specified by the book. A great car!

Want Another Just Like It
By tmyslik on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 95 from my sister in law. Loved everything about it. Gave it to my son for his move to Seattle (from Denver}. I now has 195,000 miles on it and looks and runs like brand new. What a paint job! I bought a 530i BMW to take it's place. No comparison. The Mercedes has it over the Beemer in all regards (reliability, paint, comfort, prestige). Beemer was the worst car I ever owned, Mercedes the best. Now shopping for the exact same year and model Mercedes for myself.