Used 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

my 1991 300E
By R. Edmondson

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Was a gift from my dad and have had for about 8 months. My mech. nephew worked on it for me, the main fuse went out and it was due for a tune up. He said it was one of the easier cars he's worked on. Apparently is was in need of replacing all tune up parts, it had run good, just not good fuel economy. Since tune up it runs funtabulous! :o) Best car I've ever owned, great car to drive, despite how heavy a car it is. Handles the road nicely, good acceleration. My only complaint is the air con won't hold freon, minor problem in grand scheme of things, will get fixed before this summer. In short, love this car and will keep as long as viable cost wise.

Favorite Features

Easier to use than most cars' cruise control. The smooth ride, and pretty nimble considering it's overall weight. Very comfortable seats and headrest has nice adjustability. I like the temp. controls that allow one to set the t Smartly designed for ease of driving and basic repairs.

Suggested Improvements

Previous owner informed me that the problem with air con. not holding freon has been an issue for awhile, but didn't indicate how long that had been, so a better air con. is my main improvement. Also, the sun-roof opens and exposes you to elements, a sliding window would of been good,option in 1991?

Surprised it Worked
By farmerm90

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I got this car from a friend of the family as a graduation gift. Problem was it had been started in 4 years and had been sitting in pennsylvania the whole time. It didn't run when I first got in. So I replaced the battery and it started right up. I had a lot of wear and tear on the under side. I have put a lot of time and effort into getting her running like new. But she is fast as hell, runs like a champ.

Favorite Features

Parts are easy to find, easy to work on with minimal mechanical experience. Quick and fast. Always a winner.

Suggested Improvements

Make a real repair manual.

Love My Mercedes
By Aleeyah

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300SE 4dr Sedan

i purchased this Mercedes in 2006, and it has 204,000 miles on it and I love the solid feel that you get in driving a Mercedes. I used to own nothing but Japanese cars. The German engineering is impeccable, this car has been very reliable. I see why this car was $53,900. 17 years later, still running strong, I see a lot of them still on the road, they are truely, classy cars and they keep their value, so that should tell you something!

Favorite Features

The adjustable headrests and the leather seats, having a standard alarm, the solid road feel of the car, heavy.

Love my Merc
By Charlie

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I found this one owner all server records 300E for sale. I have always been a fan of this body style since they came out in 1986. For $5,000 I bought it. I the 8,000 miles I have had it there have been no problems. Love to drive it on a trip. I get 24mpg consistently. Nobody believes it is a 17yo car. It is a keeper. The W124 of this era are along with the w140, the last of the great Mercedes

Favorite Features

Comfort, mileage, quiet, simple elegant design.

Suggested Improvements

Shift to second is harsh if you step on it. Keyless entry and a CD player would be nice.

Fun to Run
By James Gang

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Love our MB 300 E. Just bought it, instead of another Harley. The car really loves the curves, and we have the perfect roads here in Southern Alberta, Canada. Gas mileage is nothing to write home about, but the comfort and the sound system make up for it. Also love that looks, you know its a Mercedes, the new new ones make you wonder if its a Honda. The MB 300E there is no mistaken what he is