1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
my 1991 300E
By R. Edmondson on 03/03/10 13:33 PM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Was a gift from my dad and have had for about 8 months. My mech. nephew worked on it for me, the main fuse went out and it was due for a tune up. He said it was one of the easier cars he's worked on. Apparently is was in need of replacing all tune up parts, it had run good, just not good fuel economy. Since tune up it runs funtabulous! :o) Best car I've ever owned, great car to drive, despite how heavy a car it is. Handles the road nicely, good acceleration. My only complaint is the air con won't hold freon, minor problem in grand scheme of things, will get fixed before this summer. In short, love this car and will keep as long as viable cost wise.

Surprised it Worked
By farmerm90 on 12/03/09 10:54 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I got this car from a friend of the family as a graduation gift. Problem was it had been started in 4 years and had been sitting in pennsylvania the whole time. It didn't run when I first got in. So I replaced the battery and it started right up. I had a lot of wear and tear on the under side. I have put a lot of time and effort into getting her running like new. But she is fast as hell, runs like a champ.

Fun to Run
By James Gang on 08/22/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Love our MB 300 E. Just bought it, instead of another Harley. The car really loves the curves, and we have the perfect roads here in Southern Alberta, Canada. Gas mileage is nothing to write home about, but the comfort and the sound system make up for it. Also love that looks, you know its a Mercedes, the new new ones make you wonder if its a Honda. The MB 300E there is no mistaken what he is

Great Car, Great Price!
By Mark on 08/15/07 11:11 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 300E for a few months now and absolutely love it! I found it in the back yard broken down for about a year, had it towed to international mechanic who put $1000 in it total and now I have a like new vehicle that runs perfect. This car is in great shape! Find one, buy one and you will not be dissapointed.

What a suprise
By The Young One on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car originally for himself but then gave it to me as a college gift. He bougt it with 68K on it and now has 204,239 miles. The only work on it, other than normal maintenance, has been its first tune up at 189K, and a barring that was replaced holding the fan belt in. This car is more than worth the money and will be a car in our life for atleast another 100K. Mercedez has definately gained a new loyal consumer!

Best Car EVER!!
By Lucio on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've had in over 25+years. Bought used 6+ years ago and runs the same. No rattles,everthing still works and still together.Will out run many brand new cars today. Paint is like new and seats hardly show any wear. Currently has 182K, may sell for another later model 98 or newer. Hard to part with.