Used 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

my 1991 300E
By R. Edmondson

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Was a gift from my dad and have had for about 8 months. My mech. nephew worked on it for me, the main fuse went out and it was due for a tune up. He said it was one of the easier cars he's worked on. Apparently is was in need of replacing all tune up parts, it had run good, just not good fuel economy. Since tune up it runs funtabulous! :o) Best car I've ever owned, great car to drive, despite how heavy a car it is. Handles the road nicely, good acceleration. My only complaint is the air con won't hold freon, minor problem in grand scheme of things, will get fixed before this summer. In short, love this car and will keep as long as viable cost wise.

Easier to use than most cars' cruise control. The smooth ride, and pretty nimble considering it's overall weight. Very comfortable seats and headrest has nice adjustability. I like the temp. controls that allow one to set the t Smartly designed for ease of driving and basic repairs.

Previous owner informed me that the problem with air con. not holding freon has been an issue for awhile, but didn't indicate how long that had been, so a better air con. is my main improvement. Also, the sun-roof opens and exposes you to elements, a sliding window would of been good,option in 1991?

Surprised it Worked
By farmerm90

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I got this car from a friend of the family as a graduation gift. Problem was it had been started in 4 years and had been sitting in pennsylvania the whole time. It didn't run when I first got in. So I replaced the battery and it started right up. I had a lot of wear and tear on the under side. I have put a lot of time and effort into getting her running like new. But she is fast as hell, runs like a champ.

Parts are easy to find, easy to work on with minimal mechanical experience. Quick and fast. Always a winner.

Make a real repair manual.

Fun to Run
By James Gang

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Love our MB 300 E. Just bought it, instead of another Harley. The car really loves the curves, and we have the perfect roads here in Southern Alberta, Canada. Gas mileage is nothing to write home about, but the comfort and the sound system make up for it. Also love that looks, you know its a Mercedes, the new new ones make you wonder if its a Honda. The MB 300E there is no mistaken what he is

Great Car, Great Price!
By Mark

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 300E for a few months now and absolutely love it! I found it in the back yard broken down for about a year, had it towed to international mechanic who put $1000 in it total and now I have a like new vehicle that runs perfect. This car is in great shape! Find one, buy one and you will not be dissapointed.

Tan leather interior. Durability. Paint looks new.

Nothing, very intelligent design for the year

What a suprise
By The Young One

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car originally for himself but then gave it to me as a college gift. He bougt it with 68K on it and now has 204,239 miles. The only work on it, other than normal maintenance, has been its first tune up at 189K, and a barring that was replaced holding the fan belt in. This car is more than worth the money and will be a car in our life for atleast another 100K. Mercedez has definately gained a new loyal consumer!

In an age where cars don't last much past 100K, this car has an incredible ride, doesn't look its age, and is very reliable. In one word...RELIABLE!!!

Its very difficult to suggest anything else except leg room in the back seats and the missing cd player coming standard. Newer models have fixed these minor inconveinences.

• SUV