1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Review: My '90 300TE 4-Matic

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Review

300TE 4MATIC Wagon (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

My '90 300TE 4-Matic
By JSRowley on

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

Compared to other cars I've owned this car is the best in style (I at least like it), quality, and dependability that I have ever owned. While it occasionally does have its problems, they are very few. I bought the car with 160k miles and now I have over 220k. It seems to be like the energizer bunny cause it just keeps going, & going, & going, with very little maintenance or repair costs. I'm sure if I took better care of it (ie: tune- ups, oil changes, etc.), it would still be like new, although it never has given me any major problems and still runs like a sports car.

It's a fire engine red color which seems to really get attention. I love the engine "pep", memory power driver seat, the way the cruise control works - which is very easy to traffic, the sunroof, and the 3rd seat.

The suspension is very strange and the front would sometimes shake as if a wheel was loose or something. I was told over & over that nothing was wrong (ie: alignment or balance). After going through sets of Michelin's & Continental's, it finally stopped when I put a pair of Korean made Hancook's on.