My '90 300TE 4-Matic
By JSRowley on
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD
Compared to other cars I've owned this car is the best in style (I at least like it), quality, and dependability that I have ever owned. While it occasionally does have its problems, they are very few. I bought the car with 160k miles and now I have over 220k. It seems to be like the energizer bunny cause it just keeps going, & going, & going, with very little maintenance or repair costs. I'm sure if I took better care of it (ie: tune- ups, oil changes, etc.), it would still be like new, although it never has given me any major problems and still runs like a sports car.
Favorite Features
It's a fire engine red color which seems to really get attention. I love the engine "pep", memory power driver seat, the way the cruise control works - which is very easy to traffic, the sunroof, and the 3rd seat.
Suggested Improvements
The suspension is very strange and the front would sometimes shake as if a wheel was loose or something. I was told over & over that nothing was wrong (ie: alignment or balance). After going through sets of Michelin's & Continental's, it finally stopped when I put a pair of Korean made Hancook's on.