1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Review: Another fine Mercedes

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Review

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class

300TE Wagon (3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Another fine Mercedes
By Mike 300TE on

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4dr Wagon

I have owned 7 MBs, and I think pretty highly of them. However, they have shortcomings that prospective buyers should be aware of. My 300TE is a handsome and highly functional car. Build quality is superb and I love the general comfort level. Long trips are a joy. The biggest downer with Benz ownership is the expense of fuel, repairs, and maintenance. "No kidding, mister, it's a premium luxury car." My wagon burns premium fuel only and gets about 18 mpg. I owned two Tahoes that cost less to fuel (regular gas). Parts and labor costs will make you cry. Routine maintenance is extremely pricey. The saving grace on all my Benzes has been terrific resale value. That is what keeps me loyal.

Classic styling that ages slowly. Outstanding build quality. Material quality and durability. Very high comfort level. Outstanding resale value.

Rotten fuel economy on premium fuel. Sky-high costs for parts and labor. Sluggish all-around performance by modern standards (just call it stately). Notoriously bad stareos until recent years.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review