1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
My Mercedes Benz 300E Sedan review
By John F.M. on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

My Mercedes Benz 300E 4 door sedan to me was a very good purchase due to the reliability and stregnth that the vehicle posesses and beyond that the beauty it is to be the proud owner of a prestigeous Mercedes vehicle.

Ahead of its time
By Alias on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

This car is the apitimy of true car making its design and dependiblity make it a car that doesn't look its age. It has enough room for a family of four, their Doberman, and all the luggage a family of four needs. Best car and best car company in the world. This car never once suddenly broke down n its own fault (IE if the damn dealership had replaced a rubberband because Mercedes said so)

Great performance!!!
By Antonio Oro on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I bought it new in 1988 (300E). Runs smoothly, only regular maintenance and replace parts due to wear. I had several other cars, BMW, Volvo, Lexus, even a newer Mercedes but nothing compares to the quality and materials of this car. Hope for 10 more years of great performance.

One of the original '86's
By PNL on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

This 1986 300E was 15 years old and had 197,000 miles yet I had more than one person ask me if it was a new vehicle! The original factory paint is in mirror finish showroom quality! The intense sun did, however, take a toll on the leather upholstery, drying it out awfully. Mechanically the transmission is is need of rebuild but only because the seals leak...it shifts wonderfully still. It doesn't use a drop of oil even at this elevated milage. All of the electrics function fine save for the passenger side mirror adjust. I plan on seeing the odometer roll over to 300,000 and beyond on this wonderful, beautiful automobile.

The Best
By The_Doc on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought this new in 1990 and have had minor repairs done to it. The antifreeze tank cracked and fixed that and the radiater cracked and was fixed. This car I relied on for 12 years and still is running. I took it to Massachusetts from Connecticut about 10 times and worked great!

Buy low and be ready to spend
By rossperot on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased used in Feb 2002. Car was in fantastic cosmetic condition with 108K. Have had a complete brake system overhaul and replaced Head Gasket. Also replaced AC blower motor and turn signal/emergency flasher unit. (turn signal flasher is not a $5 plug in type) Park Place Mercedes in Dallas appears to not want my business (as they refer to - "a car that old") Not been easy to find a capable mechanic to work on the vehicle. Thought to have been a good value at time of purchase, now higher cost, but still within reason considering condition.

Love It !!!!
By adeluca on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an acquaintance. It has 72,000 miles and is impecable shape, inside and out. Actually looks like a three-year old car. I had a 1984 380 SEL when I was younger and could not afford the repairs. Luckily, I can afford them now, because the costs can rack up. Anyway, I think this is the best-looking MB sedan in the last 30 years. One of my partners, who has a 2001 S420, agrees.

A Flagship Car
By Austin Uchelyn on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

My 1989 300E is is in fact one of if not the best used vehicle that I ever had. I always wanted a 300E until I bought this one. It has 134000 miles and is still rolling, not ready to retire at the junkyard. I love it better than a Lexus, I enjoy the car so much that I drive it to anywhere I go. The 300E flows like the rivers of Egypt. Some experts say that cars are like women, "Those who are beautiful are seldom faithful and those who are faithful are seldom beautiful". But the 300E is at the same time beautiful and at the same time faithful.In sum, it is beautiful, it is durable. and it is a Benz.

Love my 300E
By Seattle 300E owner on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I love my 1990 300E, my first Mercedes, which I've owned for just over 2 years. I purchased it with 60k miles, and I've added about 8k miles/ year. I love the way the car feels bigger and heavier than it appears. First time passengers are amazed that my 300E is 12 years old because it's in such good shape. Maintenance and repairs can be expensive. I always say, you get what you pay for, and with a high quality luxury car, you're going to pay a bit more for the repairs and general maintenance. Overall, though, I am very happy with the car and I look forward to many more years of happy driving.

Another fine Mercedes
By Mike 300TE on 03/14/02 15:25 PM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4dr Wagon

I have owned 7 MBs, and I think pretty highly of them. However, they have shortcomings that prospective buyers should be aware of. My 300TE is a handsome and highly functional car. Build quality is superb and I love the general comfort level. Long trips are a joy. The biggest downer with Benz ownership is the expense of fuel, repairs, and maintenance. "No kidding, mister, it's a premium luxury car." My wagon burns premium fuel only and gets about 18 mpg. I owned two Tahoes that cost less to fuel (regular gas). Parts and labor costs will make you cry. Routine maintenance is extremely pricey. The saving grace on all my Benzes has been terrific resale value. That is what keeps me loyal.