Used 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

Old but a classic
By James

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Have a '88 model - I am at the least the 4th owner. Considering that the car has 175,000 miles on it I think that this is one of the best cars I have ever owned (out of Mitsubishi, GMC, Toyota, Crysler, VW, Nissan) It runs every day without any hesitation. For sure it has a few small issues but with it's advanced age it is to be expected, Had engine seals redone recently to pass inspection, replaced injectors (less than an hour) and minor maintenance like fuel filter, plugs. I had never fancied a MB but seeing that I was temporary where I am, wasn't going into debt for a car, paid $2000 and expect to recoup my investment when I leave. Would not hesitate to buy another anywhere I go.

Favorite Features

quiet solid ride, natural driving position, ease of maintenance

Suggested Improvements

too late for that

1987 Merc. 300e
By Jay

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 258,000 km on it, everything original. I think thats where i went wrong. As soon as i got it, brake lines snapped, subframe mounts needed to be changed, ball joint snapped on me while i was driving, all 4 springs were broken in their seats, rear shocks went, cruise control doesn't work, a/c doesn't work, climate control constantly in heat mode, door lock cylinders seize up, exterior light failure relay went on it.etc. I hate it but love it. no matter what, it doesn't die. it starts every time with no problems. Its 23 years old, of coarse things are going to fail, and if it wasn't for rust, her parts would have lasted longer, i still love it and it handles and drives amazing

Favorite Features

Power rear folding headrests are a good laugh when friends are asleep in the back. Love sunroof and the power and sound of the engine.

Suggested Improvements

Bravo Mercedes Benz, but to the rich owners that kill these cars once they first buy them and don't care because they are gonna buy a new one in a year, you guys need to take better care of your cars cause kids like me end up getting one that was poorly maintained and never undercoated.

Awesome First Car
By Bsavoie93

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

For my first car my parents bought a White 1990 Mercedes 300E. I love everything about the car except it has terrible pick up. Pulling out into traffic is terrifying sometimes. But once I'm on the freeway the power is great. Other than that the car is awesome. Its extremely comfortable, since my dad put new struts on it the ride is extremely smooth. My mom loves the power seats and all the things the headrests do. And everything on the car is built solid and strong. No cheap plastic. All my friends are envious of it and they don't realize that it is a 20 year old car. She's a great car and she will run for a long time.

Favorite Features

Dual Power Seats w/ Power Headrests, Durable and Easy To Clean Leather Seating, Strong and Solid Build Quality, Extremely Smooth Ride, Comfortable Seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better Pick Up Power.

Best of them all
By MercBfan

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

This is my first Mercedes Benz. It was my grandmothers, who gave it to my aunt, who gave it to me. We have the '07 E and S classes, and both of them do not compare to what I drive! For a 17 year old...its solid, safe, and fun. It hasn't even touched 160 miles yet and it purrs every simgle time I start it up. Although I just got the 2008 C350, I am keeping this car for my future children and to fix up to the highest potential

Favorite Features

Memory seats. Huge cabin, style, huge trunk space, power, and almost evreything else

Suggested Improvements

I feel kind of silly having a huge antenna when I try to listen to the radio. All three of our new benzes dont have that!

Sweet 90
By James

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 300e 15 months ago. Today I am learning that my water pump is in need of replacement and it will be a bit pricy. What I can say is that with 190K miles, that is to be expected. Otherwise I can say that this car loves the road. It's 15 years old and yet everytime I get into the car, I still get that first time drivin' feeling. I encourage all who research buying an old 300E to get to know what you are looking at. When you come across a goodie, don't pass it up!

Favorite Features

Fine leather that won't fade out as quick as Japanese or American leather. Solid wood grain, safety like no other car. On the highway I still get 26 MPG. Even with 190K!!

Suggested Improvements

It's kind of late for that!!