1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
Old but a classic
By James on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

Have a '88 model - I am at the least the 4th owner. Considering that the car has 175,000 miles on it I think that this is one of the best cars I have ever owned (out of Mitsubishi, GMC, Toyota, Crysler, VW, Nissan) It runs every day without any hesitation. For sure it has a few small issues but with it's advanced age it is to be expected, Had engine seals redone recently to pass inspection, replaced injectors (less than an hour) and minor maintenance like fuel filter, plugs. I had never fancied a MB but seeing that I was temporary where I am, wasn't going into debt for a car, paid $2000 and expect to recoup my investment when I leave. Would not hesitate to buy another anywhere I go.

1987 Merc. 300e
By Jay on 07/27/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 258,000 km on it, everything original. I think thats where i went wrong. As soon as i got it, brake lines snapped, subframe mounts needed to be changed, ball joint snapped on me while i was driving, all 4 springs were broken in their seats, rear shocks went, cruise control doesn't work, a/c doesn't work, climate control constantly in heat mode, door lock cylinders seize up, exterior light failure relay went on it.etc. I hate it but love it. no matter what, it doesn't die. it starts every time with no problems. Its 23 years old, of coarse things are going to fail, and if it wasn't for rust, her parts would have lasted longer, i still love it and it handles and drives amazing

Awesome First Car
By Bsavoie93 on 04/28/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

For my first car my parents bought a White 1990 Mercedes 300E. I love everything about the car except it has terrible pick up. Pulling out into traffic is terrifying sometimes. But once I'm on the freeway the power is great. Other than that the car is awesome. Its extremely comfortable, since my dad put new struts on it the ride is extremely smooth. My mom loves the power seats and all the things the headrests do. And everything on the car is built solid and strong. No cheap plastic. All my friends are envious of it and they don't realize that it is a 20 year old car. She's a great car and she will run for a long time.

Best of them all
By MercBfan on 08/29/07 16:28 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

This is my first Mercedes Benz. It was my grandmothers, who gave it to my aunt, who gave it to me. We have the '07 E and S classes, and both of them do not compare to what I drive! For a 17 year old...its solid, safe, and fun. It hasn't even touched 160 miles yet and it purrs every simgle time I start it up. Although I just got the 2008 C350, I am keeping this car for my future children and to fix up to the highest potential

Sweet 90
By James on 07/28/05 00:27 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 300e 15 months ago. Today I am learning that my water pump is in need of replacement and it will be a bit pricy. What I can say is that with 190K miles, that is to be expected. Otherwise I can say that this car loves the road. It's 15 years old and yet everytime I get into the car, I still get that first time drivin' feeling. I encourage all who research buying an old 300E to get to know what you are looking at. When you come across a goodie, don't pass it up!

Great car, strong performer
By mdolan777 on 01/20/05 13:16 PM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

This car had 200K+ miles when we bought it - it still runs as strong as it probably ever did.

A permanent driver
By Gregory Yoder on 11/12/04 20:16 PM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

When I bought my 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E, the previous owner said he doubted the mileage. On a Mercedes the odometer and the speedometer are seperate and the odometer fails frequently. Shortly after I bought the car I had to replace the transmission. It appeared from the condition of the transmission that the car had far more than the alledged 120,000 miles on it.

Incredibly Tight
By MercOwner on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

This is one heck of a car. The car drives like new even though it's an 89. Everything works on it, even the large sunroof. Slow to get going, but great in traffic. When you puch it, it takes off fast. I wish Mercedes still made them like they used to. Parts last a long time but are expensive and labor too. I have 135000 miles and still running smooth.

It keeps going and going and going
By benzodriver on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

My 1989 300E has 210k miles on it, but you'd never know unless you looked at the odometer. I've put about 45k miles on this vehicle and while there have been minor repairs and tire changes, it has been a great vehicle. The ride is closer to a BMW than other MB vehicles. It is a comfortable highway cruiser, but isn't afraid to take on the curves now and then. The seats are very comfortable and the trunk has quite a bit of room. I would say the back seat is designed more for 2 adults and legroom can be a little tight if front seats are back all the way. Overall, a very solid vehicle that is comfortable and provide a nice mix of performance.

My Mercedes Benz 300E Sedan review
By John F.M. on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Sedan 300E 4dr Sedan

My Mercedes Benz 300E 4 door sedan to me was a very good purchase due to the reliability and stregnth that the vehicle posesses and beyond that the beauty it is to be the proud owner of a prestigeous Mercedes vehicle.