1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Reviews

300TE 4MATIC Wagon (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
Bought used and still going
By MJG on 07/20/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought the 4-matic wagon used at 180,000km and had immediate issues with the transfer case, transmission and drive train generally. The ultimate solution to the AWD problems was to remove the front drive shaft. Once over initial maintenance corrections the car settled down to being very reliable and comfortable transportation. Currently it is over 430,000km and still going. The body is just now beginning to show some rust nineteen years after it was built. What a great car!

My '90 300TE 4-Matic
By JSRowley on 02/01/07 17:39 PM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

Compared to other cars I've owned this car is the best in style (I at least like it), quality, and dependability that I have ever owned. While it occasionally does have its problems, they are very few. I bought the car with 160k miles and now I have over 220k. It seems to be like the energizer bunny cause it just keeps going, & going, & going, with very little maintenance or repair costs. I'm sure if I took better care of it (ie: tune- ups, oil changes, etc.), it would still be like new, although it never has given me any major problems and still runs like a sports car.