1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
W126 is my baby
By Chad Koury on 03/25/08 11:06 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

Where to start, the W126 series running from 1985 to 1991 is one of the most recognizeable cars ever made my Mercedes Benz. It catches everyone's eye and will last as long as you pay for up-keep. But there is the issue, my 300SEL, being 18 years old will cost you about two thousand dollars a year on average for up keep after the water pump (which will go out after about 15 years) hoses, and other common parts go bad. I'm not saying it will be exactly two thousand a year, it may be three hundred one year, and thirty seven hundred the next. However, excelent design, increadibly intuitive, basically a tank.

Love my Benz
By Fundir on 08/28/05 21:46 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

Just bought this 300SEL about a month ago from the original owner who was friend. It never saw snow or bad weather so it was in great shape. After driving, Park Avenues, Lincolns, Cadillacs and Chryslers I find this the best out of them all. I find myself leaving the new DeVille in the garage and driving this. I cannot believe how quiet this car is and how roomy it is. We just got back from a day trip with friends and they couldn;t get over how quiet the interior is and how no road noise could be heard inside. After a couple of hours of driving none of us were horse from trying to talk over the road noise you get from most cars. I definitely plan on keeping this car for a long time.

1989 300 SEL, Pearl Black w/Sunroof
By balderdash on 06/05/05 21:57 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

Was bought with 87,000 miles from friend who bought it new. Accept for a few minor replacements of radiator, fuel pump relay and evaporator core & hose assembly which seemed somewhat expensive my wife enjoys driving it. We have after 4 yrs increased the mileage to 117,000. We probably will keep it until "the wheels are square" as they say with this latest A/C expense.

Great and Dependable
By N. H. on 01/22/05 11:48 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new back in 1990 and it has lasted me 15 years so far. I love it and it is very fun to drive. I have also taken it to Massachusetts when it was new about 4 times. Coincidentally, I have had problems in the past with a cracked antifreeze tank and radiator. Otherwise, it is an excellent car, but living in Connecticut with harsh winters, I can't drive it as often as I would like. My sister has the new 2005 S430 and I still like mine better because the build quality is better and it is actually bigger (I did the dimensions)!

Great Car!
By Nick on 12/29/04 13:13 PM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL new in 1990. I have had to repair the antifreeze tank and radiator. I have heard about others having the same problem. I love driving it and it runs like it's brand new. When it was new for about five years, my wife, kids and I used to take it up to Cape Cod and never had any problems. Now that I have a Chevrolet Suburban, I don't drive it as often, which is why it only has 42,000 miles on it! We all occasionally take it out for a quick spin to see my parents or go to the supermarket. I am very pleased with it and love it very much.

The Best
By The_Doc on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought this new in 1990 and have had minor repairs done to it. The antifreeze tank cracked and fixed that and the radiater cracked and was fixed. This car I relied on for 12 years and still is running. I took it to Massachusetts from Connecticut about 10 times and worked great!

Love It !!!!
By adeluca on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an acquaintance. It has 72,000 miles and is impecable shape, inside and out. Actually looks like a three-year old car. I had a 1984 380 SEL when I was younger and could not afford the repairs. Luckily, I can afford them now, because the costs can rack up. Anyway, I think this is the best-looking MB sedan in the last 30 years. One of my partners, who has a 2001 S420, agrees.