Used 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

classy 7-seater
By Mark Holthoff

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4dr Wagon

They don't make them like this any more! Where else can you get a classy, tough, high-quality, German-made autobahn cruiser with a third-row for under $5000? It's hard to find a nice one, but if you do you should snap it up.

1990 300D 2.5 Turbo Diesel
By aoussoren

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car with 221,000 miles on it from the original owner. Window sticker reads $40,000. + new! Mileage on sticker says between 27-33 MPG. On my last tank I was able to get 33.43 MPG Unreal for a full sized Benz. Love the way it rattles down the road. The interior design and quality is unreal. It is one of the most finely engineered cars I've ever owned. You must maintain the car. Parts are available on the internet, just a pleasure to drive. It is a timeless classic. Feel very very safe in this car, the 2.5 Turbo Diesel is a proven workhorse.

Unreal fuel mileage. Love how the engine rattles. Smooth power and perfect shifting.

Don't understand why Mercedes only made this between 1990-93?

Old but a classic
By James

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Have a '88 model - I am at the least the 4th owner. Considering that the car has 175,000 miles on it I think that this is one of the best cars I have ever owned (out of Mitsubishi, GMC, Toyota, Crysler, VW, Nissan) It runs every day without any hesitation. For sure it has a few small issues but with it's advanced age it is to be expected, Had engine seals redone recently to pass inspection, replaced injectors (less than an hour) and minor maintenance like fuel filter, plugs. I had never fancied a MB but seeing that I was temporary where I am, wasn't going into debt for a car, paid $2000 and expect to recoup my investment when I leave. Would not hesitate to buy another anywhere I go.

quiet solid ride, natural driving position, ease of maintenance

too late for that

1987 Merc. 300e
By Jay

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 258,000 km on it, everything original. I think thats where i went wrong. As soon as i got it, brake lines snapped, subframe mounts needed to be changed, ball joint snapped on me while i was driving, all 4 springs were broken in their seats, rear shocks went, cruise control doesn't work, a/c doesn't work, climate control constantly in heat mode, door lock cylinders seize up, exterior light failure relay went on it.etc. I hate it but love it. no matter what, it doesn't die. it starts every time with no problems. Its 23 years old, of coarse things are going to fail, and if it wasn't for rust, her parts would have lasted longer, i still love it and it handles and drives amazing

Power rear folding headrests are a good laugh when friends are asleep in the back. Love sunroof and the power and sound of the engine.

Bravo Mercedes Benz, but to the rich owners that kill these cars once they first buy them and don't care because they are gonna buy a new one in a year, you guys need to take better care of your cars cause kids like me end up getting one that was poorly maintained and never undercoated.

Mercedes 300E 1990 My First Car!
By Alexstaar

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I got this car 3 months ago and I love it! It has a wonderful ride! it's fun to drive too! Mine has 190K miles now. It gets about 17 mpg city and not sure about the HWY because i have not driven it long distance on the highway. It does 0-60 in about 9 sec. It has awesome styling for 1990. I Love it!

Good factory stereo system. ABS and a driver airbag. Smooth ride. Power everything!

My cruise control doesn't work but it can be fixed. Nothing else!

• SUV