1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:
1990 300D 2.5 Turbo Diesel
By aoussoren on 04/11/13 18:35 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car with 221,000 miles on it from the original owner. Window sticker reads $40,000. + new! Mileage on sticker says between 27-33 MPG. On my last tank I was able to get 33.43 MPG Unreal for a full sized Benz. Love the way it rattles down the road. The interior design and quality is unreal. It is one of the most finely engineered cars I've ever owned. You must maintain the car. Parts are available on the internet, just a pleasure to drive. It is a timeless classic. Feel very very safe in this car, the 2.5 Turbo Diesel is a proven workhorse.

Old but a classic
By James on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Have a '88 model - I am at the least the 4th owner. Considering that the car has 175,000 miles on it I think that this is one of the best cars I have ever owned (out of Mitsubishi, GMC, Toyota, Crysler, VW, Nissan) It runs every day without any hesitation. For sure it has a few small issues but with it's advanced age it is to be expected, Had engine seals redone recently to pass inspection, replaced injectors (less than an hour) and minor maintenance like fuel filter, plugs. I had never fancied a MB but seeing that I was temporary where I am, wasn't going into debt for a car, paid $2000 and expect to recoup my investment when I leave. Would not hesitate to buy another anywhere I go.

1987 Merc. 300e
By Jay on 07/27/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 258,000 km on it, everything original. I think thats where i went wrong. As soon as i got it, brake lines snapped, subframe mounts needed to be changed, ball joint snapped on me while i was driving, all 4 springs were broken in their seats, rear shocks went, cruise control doesn't work, a/c doesn't work, climate control constantly in heat mode, door lock cylinders seize up, exterior light failure relay went on it.etc. I hate it but love it. no matter what, it doesn't die. it starts every time with no problems. Its 23 years old, of coarse things are going to fail, and if it wasn't for rust, her parts would have lasted longer, i still love it and it handles and drives amazing

Mercedes 300E 1990 My First Car!
By Alexstaar on 06/05/10 17:39 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I got this car 3 months ago and I love it! It has a wonderful ride! it's fun to drive too! Mine has 190K miles now. It gets about 17 mpg city and not sure about the HWY because i have not driven it long distance on the highway. It does 0-60 in about 9 sec. It has awesome styling for 1990. I Love it!

A reliable inline-6 S-Class
By Michael L on 05/03/10 23:33 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been reliable. Now that it is 21 years old with 146,000 miles there are a few wear and tear items. First, my right rear passenger window regulator went out along with the door lock mechanism. The radio volume relay switch went out and was replaced. There are some wear and tear items that need to be addressed, but as long as I can drive it safely.

Best car I have ever owned - 40 years
By stein-dog on 02/12/10 16:23 PM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

This "S" class w126 sedan is the most reliable, best riding, safest car I have ever owned and has been the least expensive to maintain as well. Bought it w/ 122K miles 4 years ago (I'm 3rd owner); now at 148K, and have had only $2K in "by the book maintenance" costs during that period. I would take it across the country tomorrow without hesitation. Rides great, rock solid on the road, and stately about town. Bullet proof safety. Gas mileage is not great 15/20 but what a ride. Always gets looks at stop lights and parking lots. Key to buying one of these is complete records which mine has since new. I've had 3 BMWs,3 Saabs,1 Cadillac & a Corvette The Benz is hands down the best!

Bought used and still going
By MJG on 07/20/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought the 4-matic wagon used at 180,000km and had immediate issues with the transfer case, transmission and drive train generally. The ultimate solution to the AWD problems was to remove the front drive shaft. Once over initial maintenance corrections the car settled down to being very reliable and comfortable transportation. Currently it is over 430,000km and still going. The body is just now beginning to show some rust nineteen years after it was built. What a great car!

Awesome ride for the Money
By Ms Peggy on 06/12/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased this car from an auction, I have since replaced the alternator and fan belt. Other than that she drives like a dream. I sometimes can not believe this car is also 20 years old. She is sturdy & dependable. Ohhhhhhh the ride. Driving on 95 isnt so bad any more. This is my second Mercedes and hands down the 300E is a better car for the money.I wish had this when I first started driving.

Awesome First Car
By Bsavoie93 on 04/28/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

For my first car my parents bought a White 1990 Mercedes 300E. I love everything about the car except it has terrible pick up. Pulling out into traffic is terrifying sometimes. But once I'm on the freeway the power is great. Other than that the car is awesome. Its extremely comfortable, since my dad put new struts on it the ride is extremely smooth. My mom loves the power seats and all the things the headrests do. And everything on the car is built solid and strong. No cheap plastic. All my friends are envious of it and they don't realize that it is a 20 year old car. She's a great car and she will run for a long time.

Mercedes made em' right in 90'
By R on 02/08/09 19:36 PM (PST)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

We have owned this car for 15 months now and enjoy its great craftsmanship. Still handles well and the interior has held up well. The doors still shut solid, no cheesy parts breaking off here. The turbo diesel engine has plenty of power and the car feels great at 75 plus all day. We average about 25 mpg city/hwy combined. It's better than other cars it's size in town for sure. Had to install new glow plugs and relay at $250 self installed and had to fix a non-retracting seatbelt but that's all. Parts can be hard to find local but the net helps. I'm sure this car will last just about forever and the engine is known for 300-500,000 mi. when maintained.

1 2 3 4 5 next »