1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - RELIABLE. AFFORDABLE. GREAT GAS MILEAGE

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class - Consumer Review

190E 2.3 Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

RELIABLE. AFFORDABLE. GREAT GAS MILEAGE TOO!
By verry on

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

If you are seeking a reliable car, this would be a great choice. I always owned Cadillacs, Lincolns and others but this was my first Mercedes~Benz and I can't tell you how pleasing it is to drive daily in all weather conditions. Period! I am 369 lbs, 6'2" tall and a large man yet I have ample leg room, comfortable seating, ample engine power out of this amazing 4 cylinder engine. This car glides down back roads, freeways and darts around town. Parking is easy, gas mileage is about 20+ in town and a bit higher highway miles.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature(s) would be the driver's leg room. I'm amazed a car so 'small' can fit a man so large as me with leg room to spare. A second favorite feature would be the tight steering, good braking and without a doubt the way the car glides like a big, luxury car down the highway. I must admit that I rarely do maintenance to this car and yet it's performance doesn't change. It's like a tank and I'm not kidding!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are NOT present. A larger glove box would have been nice but it's sufficient. Leg room in back is surprisingly fine but not for someone over 6' tall. I would have enjoyed not having the locks operate on a vaccuum system, this failed a few times when the car is in hot summer sun. You have to cool the car down physically (shade) to unlock the doors. Cool water or simply wait till night time, then they open easily.