Used 1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:

My First Love (and car)
By KMK

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car when I got my license at 16. It was previously my father's car, which he bought brand new from the dealership. This car was solid, I always felt safe, and it was great to learn how to drive on. The fixes on this car were a bit expensive, but the time and money spent were totally worth it. Unfortunately, we donated the car to charity after it accumulated approximately 205,000 miles. Even then it was still up and running. I hear that someone bought it at an auction and it is still going strong.

Secure feel, 6 CD changer, reliability, sunroof, power seats

Mercedes needs to bring back this model because it was simply the best. Needs cupholders, stronger motor for power windows and seats, and a better quality CD changer.

awesome car
By Zac

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This has been a greAT CAR NOW HAS 255000 miles on it and still does 140mph+ my uncle bought it new in 1993 and its been well taken care of since I'm a mechanic so maintainance and part replacement is no problem for me however if you're a diy person this car could cost some serious money to repair overall though it is and has been an excellent car by the way do not roll the window down at 140 it will rip the leather off the rear interior panel over the back seat the car handles incredibly well when a suspension upgrade has been performed my car drifts very well and does well in races planning to drop a five speed in it because it needs a fifth gear to be race ready plus i have plans for turbo

being able to fly down the highway and hang with very fast cars once the vehicles gets up to speed

the car doesn't have a single cupholder this stinks but you can go to wal mart and get a wedge cupholder and it works quite well i wish that there were more choices in the way of bodykits however there are plenty of choices on other aftermarket parts

2nd 190e; Fantastic Car, again
By jaxpdx

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I gave my first one to my niece. It had 230k miles. She will get 300k, if she takes care of it. I am mostly a Jag man, so I know alot about reliability or the lack of it. I am so impressed by these cars that I keep one around for blasting around town, when I want to go old school. Easy driving, sporty demeanor, classic looks, pre-"we will no longer over- engineer our cars". Great value for the money. If I had kids, it would be their first car. It has not been that expensive to repair. Makes me feel good to have different driver's experience, from my beloved jags. With just 130k on this one, I will be driving it for some time.

Sporty driving experience, tank like dependability and build quality. The paint is still very good.

I don't like the default 2nd gear launch. It is easily defeated by popping it into 3rd and actually is more fun to drive in town, that way.

Great 190e
By Dan-mmts

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

The only down side to the 93 190e 2.6 is that it is not very simple to work on yourself. The undercarage is put together very well, however, tends to be annoying at times. I drive this car 300+ miles a day as a courier of my own buisness, and believe me, this car holds up very, very well. Even on the back roads of central Maine!

Stock wheels should have been wider, or spacers been installed factory. Not many drawbacks with this car!

The mighty MBenz 190E
By Stefan

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Durable, reliable, with lots of power for its engine size. One of those "working mules" you never have to be scared of what costly maintenance and repair you are up to. Just drive!

Turning, steering capabilities are absolutely second to none!

None