1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:
RELIABLE. AFFORDABLE. GREAT GAS MILEAGE TOO!
By verry on 03/03/13 13:09 PM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

If you are seeking a reliable car, this would be a great choice. I always owned Cadillacs, Lincolns and others but this was my first Mercedes~Benz and I can't tell you how pleasing it is to drive daily in all weather conditions. Period! I am 369 lbs, 6'2" tall and a large man yet I have ample leg room, comfortable seating, ample engine power out of this amazing 4 cylinder engine. This car glides down back roads, freeways and darts around town. Parking is easy, gas mileage is about 20+ in town and a bit higher highway miles.

E-Bay Find
By Ryan on 08/22/10 22:08 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Just purchased a 93 190E 2.3 with 54K miles from e-bay sight unseen. Few minor problems like the central locking system, alarm, and the dash lights just went out. Other than that I love the car. It runs like a champ and cant complain for a 5G purchase. Body and paint is mint and the interior comes very close to the same. Plan on running it into the ground so it will probably outlast me.

very reliable
By 190efan on 06/23/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

when purchased it had lots of power, no rust and 296 000kms on it. i got it for 1000 cnd. dollars, it is now 2009 and it has 691000 kms on it and all i have done are guide seals, eha and i have yet to do rear power window regulators, but thats all !! keeps on producing power too, i'm wondering when this thing is gonna blow up and die, i'm starting to think it wont!

Bring It Back!
By duramater on 06/03/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Spending $1100-1800/year on maintenance/repairs (it is 16 years old, 132k miles)but well worth the expense. So solid, hugs the road like an Abrams tank. I'm getting ~24mpg on average in combined highway and gridlock, hot, southern city driving.I'm satisfied with that. Finally replaced the original radio (tape) w mp3/CD/satelite update and replaced the factory paint job, wow! Not a break anywhere in the interior, not a spot of rust on the body. I plan to drive another 130k miles then hand it down to my granddaughter.

1st Time Mercedes Owner
By Michael G. on 09/09/06 23:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Solid vehicle, runs like a charm. Had to replace the back window motor (very common according to Benz mechanics) If you're handy, go to a junkyard and save a ton of dough. I am the 3rd owner, and all maintanance is kept up. Only drawback is finding oil/lube places to carry an oil filter, call ahead and problem solved. Make sure you have the correct tire iron also, not all Benz tire irons will fit the 190e. We use it as our everyday car and love it!

My Mercedes
By Nancy Woodbury on 02/10/06 11:52 AM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased from a man 89 years old who bought it brand new in 1993. There were only 36,000 miles on it when I got it. I now have 53,000 miles on it. It runs well and I love it.

I drive a Mercedes
By HughM on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Even a 10 year old 190E looks and feels like a Mercedes. I bought it with around 40M miles, and now it has 125M. Has really been no problem at all, and it feels rock solid even today. I think I'll drive it till it croaks and that could be years from now.

Solid Car
By Alias 187 on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

This is a good, reliable, solid car. Ours has lasted many years with lots of miles, regular oil changes, and not so frequent (but not non-existent) maintenance. Driving the car isn't particularly "fun" but it feels very solid and safe. It has a great classic look that looks good even today. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable luxury auto at a good value.

Good Conditions
By Jose Patino on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

very easy to drive