Used 1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:

RELIABLE. AFFORDABLE. GREAT GAS MILEAGE TOO!
By verry

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

If you are seeking a reliable car, this would be a great choice. I always owned Cadillacs, Lincolns and others but this was my first Mercedes~Benz and I can't tell you how pleasing it is to drive daily in all weather conditions. Period! I am 369 lbs, 6'2" tall and a large man yet I have ample leg room, comfortable seating, ample engine power out of this amazing 4 cylinder engine. This car glides down back roads, freeways and darts around town. Parking is easy, gas mileage is about 20+ in town and a bit higher highway miles.

My favorite feature(s) would be the driver's leg room. I'm amazed a car so 'small' can fit a man so large as me with leg room to spare. A second favorite feature would be the tight steering, good braking and without a doubt the way the car glides like a big, luxury car down the highway. I must admit that I rarely do maintenance to this car and yet it's performance doesn't change. It's like a tank and I'm not kidding!

Cup holders are NOT present. A larger glove box would have been nice but it's sufficient. Leg room in back is surprisingly fine but not for someone over 6' tall. I would have enjoyed not having the locks operate on a vaccuum system, this failed a few times when the car is in hot summer sun. You have to cool the car down physically (shade) to unlock the doors. Cool water or simply wait till night time, then they open easily.

E-Bay Find
By Ryan

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Just purchased a 93 190E 2.3 with 54K miles from e-bay sight unseen. Few minor problems like the central locking system, alarm, and the dash lights just went out. Other than that I love the car. It runs like a champ and cant complain for a 5G purchase. Body and paint is mint and the interior comes very close to the same. Plan on running it into the ground so it will probably outlast me.

Looks (classic style), interior, best performance for a 4 banger, overall quaility for a entry level benz.

More power, more weight in the trunk.

My First Love (and car)
By KMK

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car when I got my license at 16. It was previously my father's car, which he bought brand new from the dealership. This car was solid, I always felt safe, and it was great to learn how to drive on. The fixes on this car were a bit expensive, but the time and money spent were totally worth it. Unfortunately, we donated the car to charity after it accumulated approximately 205,000 miles. Even then it was still up and running. I hear that someone bought it at an auction and it is still going strong.

Secure feel, 6 CD changer, reliability, sunroof, power seats

Mercedes needs to bring back this model because it was simply the best. Needs cupholders, stronger motor for power windows and seats, and a better quality CD changer.

awesome car
By Zac

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This has been a greAT CAR NOW HAS 255000 miles on it and still does 140mph+ my uncle bought it new in 1993 and its been well taken care of since I'm a mechanic so maintainance and part replacement is no problem for me however if you're a diy person this car could cost some serious money to repair overall though it is and has been an excellent car by the way do not roll the window down at 140 it will rip the leather off the rear interior panel over the back seat the car handles incredibly well when a suspension upgrade has been performed my car drifts very well and does well in races planning to drop a five speed in it because it needs a fifth gear to be race ready plus i have plans for turbo

being able to fly down the highway and hang with very fast cars once the vehicles gets up to speed

the car doesn't have a single cupholder this stinks but you can go to wal mart and get a wedge cupholder and it works quite well i wish that there were more choices in the way of bodykits however there are plenty of choices on other aftermarket parts

very reliable
By 190efan

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

when purchased it had lots of power, no rust and 296 000kms on it. i got it for 1000 cnd. dollars, it is now 2009 and it has 691000 kms on it and all i have done are guide seals, eha and i have yet to do rear power window regulators, but thats all !! keeps on producing power too, i'm wondering when this thing is gonna blow up and die, i'm starting to think it wont!

handling,performance and an unstaleing contemporary look despite its mileage and age.

Needs cup holders!!! how could mercedes have overlooked this superficial yet necessary feature in a near luxury sedan??