1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:
RELIABLE. AFFORDABLE. GREAT GAS MILEAGE TOO!
By verry on 03/03/13 13:09 PM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

If you are seeking a reliable car, this would be a great choice. I always owned Cadillacs, Lincolns and others but this was my first Mercedes~Benz and I can't tell you how pleasing it is to drive daily in all weather conditions. Period! I am 369 lbs, 6'2" tall and a large man yet I have ample leg room, comfortable seating, ample engine power out of this amazing 4 cylinder engine. This car glides down back roads, freeways and darts around town. Parking is easy, gas mileage is about 20+ in town and a bit higher highway miles.

E-Bay Find
By Ryan on 08/22/10 22:08 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Just purchased a 93 190E 2.3 with 54K miles from e-bay sight unseen. Few minor problems like the central locking system, alarm, and the dash lights just went out. Other than that I love the car. It runs like a champ and cant complain for a 5G purchase. Body and paint is mint and the interior comes very close to the same. Plan on running it into the ground so it will probably outlast me.

My First Love (and car)
By KMK on 01/05/10 16:31 PM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car when I got my license at 16. It was previously my father's car, which he bought brand new from the dealership. This car was solid, I always felt safe, and it was great to learn how to drive on. The fixes on this car were a bit expensive, but the time and money spent were totally worth it. Unfortunately, we donated the car to charity after it accumulated approximately 205,000 miles. Even then it was still up and running. I hear that someone bought it at an auction and it is still going strong.

awesome car
By Zac on 08/18/09 17:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This has been a greAT CAR NOW HAS 255000 miles on it and still does 140mph+ my uncle bought it new in 1993 and its been well taken care of since I'm a mechanic so maintainance and part replacement is no problem for me however if you're a diy person this car could cost some serious money to repair overall though it is and has been an excellent car by the way do not roll the window down at 140 it will rip the leather off the rear interior panel over the back seat the car handles incredibly well when a suspension upgrade has been performed my car drifts very well and does well in races planning to drop a five speed in it because it needs a fifth gear to be race ready plus i have plans for turbo

very reliable
By 190efan on 06/23/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

when purchased it had lots of power, no rust and 296 000kms on it. i got it for 1000 cnd. dollars, it is now 2009 and it has 691000 kms on it and all i have done are guide seals, eha and i have yet to do rear power window regulators, but thats all !! keeps on producing power too, i'm wondering when this thing is gonna blow up and die, i'm starting to think it wont!

Bring It Back!
By duramater on 06/03/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Spending $1100-1800/year on maintenance/repairs (it is 16 years old, 132k miles)but well worth the expense. So solid, hugs the road like an Abrams tank. I'm getting ~24mpg on average in combined highway and gridlock, hot, southern city driving.I'm satisfied with that. Finally replaced the original radio (tape) w mp3/CD/satelite update and replaced the factory paint job, wow! Not a break anywhere in the interior, not a spot of rust on the body. I plan to drive another 130k miles then hand it down to my granddaughter.

2nd 190e; Fantastic Car, again
By jaxpdx on 05/19/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I gave my first one to my niece. It had 230k miles. She will get 300k, if she takes care of it. I am mostly a Jag man, so I know alot about reliability or the lack of it. I am so impressed by these cars that I keep one around for blasting around town, when I want to go old school. Easy driving, sporty demeanor, classic looks, pre-"we will no longer over- engineer our cars". Great value for the money. If I had kids, it would be their first car. It has not been that expensive to repair. Makes me feel good to have different driver's experience, from my beloved jags. With just 130k on this one, I will be driving it for some time.

Great 190e
By Dan-mmts on 09/01/07 18:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

The only down side to the 93 190e 2.6 is that it is not very simple to work on yourself. The undercarage is put together very well, however, tends to be annoying at times. I drive this car 300+ miles a day as a courier of my own buisness, and believe me, this car holds up very, very well. Even on the back roads of central Maine!

The mighty MBenz 190E
By Stefan on 01/26/07 21:12 PM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Durable, reliable, with lots of power for its engine size. One of those "working mules" you never have to be scared of what costly maintenance and repair you are up to. Just drive!

Restart the Line! Bring it back!
By J3-Stick on 01/05/07 20:33 PM (PST)

1993 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since "amost new. 10K miles on it at purchase. It has been the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. Reliable, handling like a dream, 13 years now and it still looks and handles like new. Now and then I get the urge to buy something new but I just can't part with it. A neighbor has its identical twin and says same about his.