1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:
much ado about nothing
By ceprod on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with the promise of a luxury drive and prestige. Sadly, neither was afforded me. The ride is average at best. The mileage was poor, I got 250 miles to a tank or about 19 mpg average. In a straight run to L.A. I only got 20 mpg. Having owned a BMW previous to this I expected comparable mileage and ride charactaristics but it failed. This vehicle has higher than average maintenance costs and the cost of oil changes doubles when you mention the name. Since money is not an object to me I felt I was buying a quality car with a great pedigree but found only an average car with no papers to speak of.

Great car
By BenzFan on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and had great time with it. 100 000 mile later runs great with very little problems.

great little benz
By memphisbenzowner on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from the original owner 2 years ago and it had less than 45k miles. Outside of some deferred maintenance and things that have to be repalced after 10 years (water pump amd fuel pump), I have been very please with the performance and reliability of this little tank.

i don't know
By xtbenz on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a second owner who put 90% of the miles that is has now on it. I wish I could give it a better score, hearing about the power the 2.6 engine has. I'm wondering, what power? There must be something wrong with mine because we did a compression test on it and the specs were below normal on all cylinders. It's so sluggish especially uphill and it feels like there's no power in the higher gears. I really like this car, but the cost to maintain it has turned me off.

190e 2.6 what agreat car
By swinford on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

WHAT A GREAT CAR.I HAVE HAD ONLY MINOR PROBLEMS,MOST WERE FROM THE PROIR OWNER.CAR HANDLES AND DRIVES GREAT.VERY DEPENDABLE.

The best compact 4 door for its time!
By miss mercedes on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I love my little 190e! It's so cute and it's power amazes my friends! I would definatly get one if considering buying one!

Affordable Insurance
By EDP on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Its been an absolute pleasure this is my second one,, and my friend has had his for 2 years now,,,, It really is an amazing vehicle. Incredible power from the 2.6 liter. Its an allstar on the highway, and has incredible traction for a rear wheel drive in the snow with the right snow tires. A compact car with the handling of a fullsize

All about ANGEL
By DGP on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

Diane names her cars and has a personalized affection for it (her) She has always taken very good care of this " off lease " car which she bought from a Mercedes dealer.

W201
By KT on 02/28/02 09:25 AM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Good car overall but very BAD performance in slippery condidtions