1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:
one fine piece of metal
By alpha on 10/07/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

My 190e has 242,000 miles on it. Runs like new. Very smooth ride, good acceleration even though it is a 4 cyl 2.3l. Fun to drive. I just love it. I owned Honda, BMW and Ford but I have to say that the 190e left them all behind. Just needs regular maintenance with quality parts and it will last you a life time. The only problem I faced lately was overheating because of a bad fan clutch and that was a cheap job and never overheated again. I will definitely keep this car regardless of mileage.

Stole my heart!
By jloriga on 08/29/06 22:51 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with 174,000 miles. I have to admit the fact that it was a 5-speed (super rare), I was somewhat willing to accept all the risks that come with a high mileage car. But I have to say after 3K miles later, I've never been so love with a car before. Sure, it could be the upgraded suspension (H&R springs and Bilstien Sport shocks), not to mention the factory Mercedes CLK wheels the previous owner added. It's just been a pleasure to drive. No, it does not have a 0-60 mind blowing time. But at higher speeds it will surprise you how capable she is. Just the combination of luxury, fuel economy, and spunk the 5speed tranny bring - very, very satisfied.