1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:
Nervous new owner of High mileage Benz
By bizylady on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I Just bought 190E, 2.6 yesterday (used lot), dealer sold me car but did not point out what's wrong with car. I love the handling and comfort features of the car but I am worried about the mileage on car(171K). I also found out that it is costly ($400.00) to fix the door lock which will not lock. The reviews from others here, helped me to relax about the mileage and made me feel like part of the Benz family because I do have oil leaks and yellowed headlight glass! Thank you all for your input and reviews. I have never owned a Mercedes and I look forward to enjoying the car with peace of mind about what is the norm for this model and make of car and also in knowing that I can come here for info

The day I fell in love
By Jarvis on 01/31/07 20:03 PM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I brought this car from an older couple and I have fallen in love with the car. It drives so smooth and it really can get in and out of traffic perfect. I would not trade this car in for anything.

Solid and Reliable
By kennydva on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I can't believe my car runs over 180K Miles since it is very solid and reliable. Parts are readily available many places including web-sites. Small negative is the oil leakage. It seems most of the car in the same style have the same problem. Still it has excellent value for the price.

Best car that I have ever owned
By Chris Henderson on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car last month and sold my old 1979 300SD. The 190E 2.6 IS th best driving car I have ever owned. Handling and acceleration are fine tuned so that whether you want a quiet sunday drive or an exilerating country road sporty drive you get it all. The design of this car is virtually timeless. I have people ask me all the time if the car is a '98 or a 95. Anyone considering a 190E 2.6 that is in good shape should buy it regardless of the mileage because odometer numbers mean NOTHING to a BENZ.