Used 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 190-Class model:

one fine piece of metal
By alpha

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

My 190e has 242,000 miles on it. Runs like new. Very smooth ride, good acceleration even though it is a 4 cyl 2.3l. Fun to drive. I just love it. I owned Honda, BMW and Ford but I have to say that the 190e left them all behind. Just needs regular maintenance with quality parts and it will last you a life time. The only problem I faced lately was overheating because of a bad fan clutch and that was a cheap job and never overheated again. I will definitely keep this car regardless of mileage.

Favorite Features

solid ,fun to drive.quality interior

Suggested Improvements

roomier interior

Stole my heart!
By jloriga

1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with 174,000 miles. I have to admit the fact that it was a 5-speed (super rare), I was somewhat willing to accept all the risks that come with a high mileage car. But I have to say after 3K miles later, I've never been so love with a car before. Sure, it could be the upgraded suspension (H&R springs and Bilstien Sport shocks), not to mention the factory Mercedes CLK wheels the previous owner added. It's just been a pleasure to drive. No, it does not have a 0-60 mind blowing time. But at higher speeds it will surprise you how capable she is. Just the combination of luxury, fuel economy, and spunk the 5speed tranny bring - very, very satisfied.

Favorite Features

5-speed transmission. I love how driving around town you could easily mistaken the car for timid, but on the freeway at higher speeds, she will simply squat and take off!

Suggested Improvements

Some torque would be nice.